Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning the P-07/P-09

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Awesome, thank you very much! Yeah, the manual will come in handy. I’d normally look such things up on YouTube, but given their policies as of late, I’d feel much better simply having a quality resource like that straight from the mothership on hand.

I guess I have my shopping list and some work to do. I might need some specialized punches though, given that it’s not a Glock. Any recommendations there?
    Stanley-Proto J48332 3/32-Inch Super-Duty Punch
    http://a.co/gKTJoil

Stanley-Proto J48018 1/8-Inch Super-Duty Punch
    http://a.co/1AmUbbI

Mayhew Pro 21232 2mm Metric Punch
    http://a.co/cocuTde

Red Iron Tactical Roll Pin Starter Punch Set Hollow End Stainless Steel
    http://a.co/371ZtXK
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

David from CGW has posted a walk-through of the polishing they do to the P-07/P-09 on the czfirearms forum. Very good stuff if you are one to polish as you upgrade.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    David from CGW has posted a walk-through of the polishing they do to the P-07/P-09 on the czfirearms forum. Very good stuff if you are one to polish as you upgrade.
    Here's the link. Some of the mods shown here are too invasive for me to be comfortable with. For non-competition use, I would vastly rather have a 100% reliable gun that has a less "smooth" trigger pull.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-24-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here's the link. Some of the mods shown here are too invasive for me to be comfortable with. I would vastly rather have a 100% reliable gun that has a less "smooth" trigger pull.
    Honestly I feel the same. I do install the ProGrade kit in my guns but prefer to let the parts wear in naturally.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Confusingly worded - delete
    Last edited by Duke; 06-24-2018 at 10:02 PM.

The most useful upgrade I've found was the CGW competition hammer. The hammer is wire EDM, which results in a very crisp break - pretty close to a bolt action hunting rifle.

So if you don't want the whole CGW package, just snag the hammer, and do the polish on all the other trigger parts.

Bending the trigger bar spring downwards a bit is one of the things CGW does to reduce the stacking sensation in DA.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I like Tractiongrips better than Talon for the CZ P07, and they're half the price ($10 on Amazon)

Link: http://a.co/4PSJxSG

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Next, focusing on rough spots in the single action pull, I worked the trigger repeatedly without dropping the hammer.
    Cluster, I'm not tracking on this one. How do you work the trigger in SA without dropping the hammer?

This and the M&P question are due to an increasing interest in finding an alternative to Glock that I would be comfortable carrying appendix.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Cluster, I'm not tracking on this one. How do you work the trigger in SA without dropping the hammer?

This and the M&P question are due to an increasing interest in finding an alternative to Glock that I would be comfortable carrying appendix.
    Yeah, that might not have been clear. Pull up to the "wall". Sometimes the hammer will drop and you have to re-cock it. Also, hold the hammer back and work the trigger. You'll feel the roughness of the FP safety cam and the sear spring. Those parts can use some lubrication and break-in.

User Tag List