Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado is not lost yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    In a Serpa? It's a good thing she's pretty...
    Yes it is and she's made it quite clear on her Facebook page that she doesn't want to hear anything we have to about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I don’t know. Not seeing the upside.
    She gets a lot of free advertising and a lot of business from it. I've heard the food is OK but over priced for what you get up but the place is usually packed.

In a Serpa? It's a good thing she's pretty...
    I realize there are valid reasons for quibbling about the holster, but let’s be glad a business owner is encouraging carry instead of banning it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I realize there are valid reasons for quibbling about the holster, but let’s be glad a business owner is encouraging carry instead of banning it.
    First, it's just a joke. Lighten up, Francis. Second, I've never been a fan of OC as a statement or of businesses taking a stance on political issues. So while I'm glad the owner isn't anti-gun, I'm not going to celebrate her either. I'm also done taking my digs and even withheld a couple comments at her expense so let's just let that be that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

...Lighten up, Francis...
    Hey! What'd I do?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Hey! What'd I do?
    You need to hire the firm of Mason and Matlock now. Clear your name.

The fact that this is such big news is actually proof that CO as a whole is lost - it’s an extreme exception to state norms that freaks out the residents.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The fact that this is such big news
    The media in Colorado re-reports this story every couple of years, as though they've discovered something new.

I wonder how much training the staff has had in weapon retention.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I wonder how much training the staff has had in weapon retention.

I asked her that via PM. She confirmed that the staff has retention training but didn't say to what level. I have to admit that even a basic class is more than most gun owners have.

All of her interviews tell the same story. She started the restaurant with no connection to carry. Someone was beaten to death in the alley behind the restaurant and it scared her so she started carrying.

Some time later several of the wait staff approached her and asked if they could carry. She requires them to pass a concealed carry course (NRA basic handgun safety?) before allowing them to carry at work.

Now that it's become a "thing" she offers concealed carry classes and dinner once a month. Supposedly they're always packed.

I think people come for the skin tight short shorts as much as for the guns or the (reportedly mediocre) food
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-25-2018 at 10:31 PM.

User Tag List