Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newbie needs advice on a PCC 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like the trigger just fine as is, but trigger snobbery does not afflict me
    says every finisher 10th place and below at every match ever.

Site Supporter
    You didn't mention in your OP if you already owned any ARs. By getting one of the AR-9 options, you would be building familiarity with that platform- which is valuable. I would seriously consider GJM's suggestions if I were in your place.

Quote Originally Posted by momano View Post
    You didn't mention in your OP if you already owned any ARs. By getting one of the AR-9 options, you would be building familiarity with that platform- which is valuable. I would seriously consider GJM's suggestions if I were in your place.
    I do own an AR so familiar with the platform. I do like GJM's suggestions, the JP-GMR 15 looks like a pretty nice competitive option. I think I am leaning more towards the MPX mainly due to the flexibility of that platform but will try not and make an impulse buy at this point and try to evaluate all the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    I think I am leaning more towards the MPX mainly due to the flexibility of that platform but will try not and make an impulse buy at this point and try to evaluate all the options.
    The MPX is a solid choice. Love mine and the AR manual of arms is great. Please be warned that the MPX will lead you to purchase a Rattler. That will then lead you to the Sisyphus hell of thinking through every situation and which is the most appropriate tool.
    Last edited by underhook; 06-25-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Site Supporter
    I love my MPX but it is kind of a money pit although I have had no reliability issues (knock on wood). MPX pistol + tax stamp for SBR + SIG folding stock + used CMore + extra mags + tax stamp for 9mm suppressor + 4.5 barrel

PS - I need to buy a Timney trigger for this MPX. Stock trigger bites.

I did not have to SBR and Suppress but that became the goal/purpose. This was definitely a "want" not a "need". Meanwhile I have a perfectly good PSA 9mm AR in the safe that realistically does what PCC needs to do.
    Last edited by ranger; 06-25-2018 at 05:59 PM.

If you shoot an MPX a lot, like serious USPSA competitors do, you will be regularly removing the barrel to clean the gas system if you want your gun to run. Based on a sample of a dozen guns with friends, about fifty percent will come with or develop issues that require a trip back to Sig, or parts purchases from In Lead We Trust, since Sig’s answer to everything is to send the whole gun back.

A month ago I called to tell them my MPX was not running, and the problem followed an individual BCG to each of my MPX carbines. They said no to my request to return just the BCG.

That said, the MPX is a joy to shoot, even with factory ammo that will rattle your fillings in an AR9. The AR9 guns pretty much run forever, if you replace the firing pin with a Wilson unit. Oh, and of course all these 9mm carbines chew up triggers, but I hardly count that. You will need to handload for your AR9 to get a soft shooting gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A month ago I called to tell them my MPX was not running, and the problem followed an individual BCG to each of my MPX carbines. They said no to my request to return just the BCG.
    Why would they save shipping costs by trusting your diagnosis when they had the opportunity to pay to ship an entire gun instead?

That said, PCC looks like an AWFUL lot of fun, and I have a serious case of the wants when it comes to the MPX; I like that it's not blowback operated, and was designed to run 9mm vs adapted to it. My heart says yes, but my bank account says "HELL FUCKING NO," so I'm probably safe from worrying about whether I get a good one or a bad one, at least for now. Maybe sometime after I get my car paid off...

Anyone run a cmmg guard? Seems to be in the mid price range, reviews all seem great but I’d rather hear from PF members.

One other questin for those who shoot competition. Is it useless to shoot with an 8 inch barrel or should I just get the 16 inch?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    says every finisher 10th place and below at every match ever.
    There's folks here whom have competed against my stock Glock and I.
    #RESIST

User Tag List