Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie needs advice on a PCC 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any advice on gaming uppers for a Colt-mag-based 9mm AR lower? My current upper is effectively integrally suppressed which I understand they won’t let me use.
    JP GMR-15 Upper. If I was going to do another one, this is what I would do, with the JP silent capture 9mm buffer assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the Evo works well if you leave it basically stock with standard capacity magazines. In USPSA, the higher capacity mags seems to have fleas, and a number of folks have had trouble trying to work the triggers and perform other customization.
    I like the trigger just fine as is, but trigger snobbery does not afflict me
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like the trigger just fine as is, but trigger snobbery does not afflict me
    Might get you kilt in the streets if you don't have a 6 oz trigger for them sweet mozambique quadruple navy seal delta taps.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I think that's mainly due to shot timers having a tough time with picking up shots from suppressed guns. Hard to give you a legitimate score that way.
    That is what I ran into with my suppressed SBR - shot timer missed many of the suppressed shots.

The purpose would be fun, potentially have something to compete with,
    I own a Kriss Vector, MPX, and Scorpion Evo 3 all in 9mm. They are all a tone a fun to shoot and I compete in local PCC matches with them.

The MPX is the most easily concealed and carried in a back pack. I added a Timney trigger as the stock is not so great. Magazines are great quality (I think Lancer makes them) but expensive. The rails is great and I found it easy to setup with small light. The manual of arms carries right over from the AR.

The Scorpion is Glock simple. A little rougher to shoot thanks to the massive unstoppable bolt. It's form factor is much larger than the MPX.

The Kriss is Glock mag compatible and real smooth easy to shoot gun. Stock trigger is good. I added a SB Tactical brace. I've had FTEs problems with it with 115 ammo. 147 runs great. The ejection port in tinny so when you get FTEs it's a pain.

All three work great with a Silencer Omega 9k.
    Last edited by underhook; 06-24-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    I need to try that Timney trigger for the MPX. I have been very lucky and caught MPX Gen 1 mags on sale much cheaper than the normal retail - I grab MPX mags whenever I see them on sale. I have added some 20 round mags for "reloads" and when the MPX is in a backpack or such where the 30 rd mags are problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I need to try that Timney trigger for the MPX. I have been very lucky and caught MPX Gen 1 mags on sale much cheaper than the normal retail - I grab MPX mags whenever I see them on sale. I have added some 20 round mags for "reloads" and when the MPX is in a backpack or such where the 30 rd mags are problematic.
    Can you use the gen 1 mags for the gen 2 mpx?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Can you use the gen 1 mags for the gen 2 mpx?
    They have been working fine in my Gen 2 MPX 9mm.

In order of reliability and shear fun, I recommend the following:

Z5P or Z5RS. Built on HK licensed machinery by HK trained techs, they’re about as close as you can come to a German MP5 without getting an SP5K
    Name:  Z5P and Z5RS Duo.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  46.6 KB

Sig MPX Gen 2. Has been reliable both suppressed and unsuppessed for about 1000 rounds without cleaning
    Name:  MPX #1.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  40.4 KB

Scorpion Evo 3. Needs about $400 of aftermarket parts to bring it into compliance and up to speed with the MPX, IMHO
    Name:  CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 2.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  36.8 KB

I also have a KRISS Vector with brace. While it is more of a novelty gun, mine has been reliable and it does feed from Glock mags.
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-25-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Everything I am seeing on the Gen 2 MCX is in the $1999 range, if even available, seems they are the one to get in terms of reliability vs. the gen 1. Might have to bit the bullet on this one. Seems to check all the boxes, and the modularity is certainly a plus.

User Tag List