Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.56 Fragmentation Effect Range

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Uh....I hope your admin realizes their choice is NOT within the standards for the profession and could set them up for significant liability should something not go well....
    They won't until they have to answer the tough questions in court.

You sent me great information once by PM/email. It was suggested to me to not send anything up the chain.

Their decision is based on price point alone. Interestingly enough, while we carry a .223 duty load....we train with 5.56 American Eagle.

It's a long story......

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    They won't until they have to answer the tough questions in court.
    Much less an issue than imagined. Sub-optimal selection doesn't equal negligent, and bunches of people are shot with LE deployed varmint and match loads with various results without adverse legal consequence.

Their decision is based on price point alone.
    What are you paying? You can get a variety of GTG duty loads for ~$.50-~$.60/rd.

Interestingly enough, while we carry a .223 duty load....we train with 5.56 American Eagle.
    Also much less an issue than imagined.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-28-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

No clue what they pay. Way over my pay grade. My guess is rock bottom.....like the rifles.

As poor as the rifle targets look after a qual, point of impact differences aren't going to matter a bit.

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 06-28-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Uh....I hope your admin realizes their choice is NOT within the standards for the profession and could set them up for significant liability should something not go well....
    Like most institutions, I bet they dont care until it costs them. Sad.

User Tag List