Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RMR: you call that concealment?

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    If I remember right, you have issues with Glock corner printing @YVK ?

If you have that issue, an RMR gonna be hard to hide to a solid 85% or more concealment rate. I think the only way to fight that universally is to add a couple inches to your chest for drape.

The people I have seen in person conceal optics equipped Glocks to a level I want it concealed, all have pretty strong chest:waist ratios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’m pretty pudgy. 5’7” 200#. Chest:Buddha belly ratio is 1.1:1 at best. I can conceal a G19MOS using a Raven Eidilon so long as have it pretty deep. The RMR just above the belt line. The ears end up around below belly button. Shirt needs to be cut relatively loose like a 511 covert. Nothing athletic fit. T shirts are a no go. Loose fitting dark polos work as well. Ride height of pants are also critical.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    If I remember right, you have issues with Glock corner printing @YVK ?

The people I have seen in person conceal optics equipped Glocks to a level I want it concealed, all have pretty strong chest:waist ratios.
    True, good memory.

Seems like I either need to double my bench press or get chest implants.

So the photo op.

Unity G19, Shaggy in standard configuration with a pretty thick (1") wedge. An astute eye will notice it has a low ride (standard option) loop.
    Name:  20180624_171735.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  59.8 KB

When I put holster on, I want to see it driven into my abdomen. The pants are not +1 size, they are stretched old pants and the belt is pretty supportive.

Name:  20180624_171933.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  72.0 KB

When holstered, I want to see the gun driven into my belly too along the entire contact line and especially back of the slide area. Shaggy is doing awesome job at that. Even then, while it is hard to show, the outside edge of RMR is extended forward of a belt line.

Name:  20180624_172037.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  41.2 KB

End points. A white size 7 (fairly free) Lacoste shirt. I am static and with that there is a pimple right there

Name:  20180624_172312.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  68.9 KB

Now X large darker gray T shirt. Just a little of head and shoulder turn and you can ID lens housing and battery housing.

Name:  20180624_172616.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  42.6 KB

And that in my book doesn't cut for a concealment. So I am at loss how others pull it off, unless really heavy dark garments, really chesty types, etc.

Have you tried closer to full-on junk carry?

I think that the angle is just really bad for your preferred position. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    True, good memory.

Seems like I either need to double my bench press or get chest implants.

So the photo op.

Unity G19, Shaggy in standard configuration with a pretty thick (1") wedge. An astute eye will notice it has a low ride (standard option) loop.
    Name:  20180624_171735.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  59.8 KB

When I put holster on, I want to see it driven into my abdomen. The pants are not +1 size, they are stretched old pants and the belt is pretty supportive.

Name:  20180624_171933.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  72.0 KB

When holstered, I want to see the gun driven into my belly too along the entire contact line and especially back of the slide area. Shaggy is doing awesome job at that. Even then, while it is hard to show, the outside edge of RMR is extended forward of a belt line.

Name:  20180624_172037.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  41.2 KB

End points. A white size 7 (fairly free) Lacoste shirt. I am static and with that there is a pimple right there

Name:  20180624_172312.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  68.9 KB

Now X large darker gray T shirt. Just a little of head and shoulder turn and you can ID lens housing and battery housing.

Name:  20180624_172616.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  42.6 KB

And that in my book doesn't cut for a concealment. So I am at loss how others pull it off, unless really heavy dark garments, really chesty types, etc.
    Move the holster closer to center line.

Do you carry all your appendix holsters that far towards your hip, or just this one?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I Yes, pretty standard for me since I started AIWB'in in '11. I actually have three pairs of pants with right forward pant loop moved laterally so it doesn't stay in the way of a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Move the holster closer to center line.
    I can try. Usually the more centered the holster, the more gun's butt sticks out. Slightly lateral position for me assures that the entire gun is tucked in, as it is shown on my photos.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

This is the difference between where I wear the pistol, and where I believe you are wearing it — and this is with a USP FS Tactical 45, under a light colored t shirt.

Name:  1E9C9AF2-2BEE-479C-83D6-82CB19555122.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  5816FB59-6DB4-418F-BE61-DE6795EF94BD.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  53.9 KB

I was just about to post, move it to a more centerline position.

The sharp point on the RMR window isn’t ideal for concealment, that’s for sure. Wearing a shirt with a pattern on it really helps to hide things.

If you think an RMR is tough, forget about a T1, which sticks out like crazy even with a good holster and a 12:30 position.

I actually found that having the RMR behind the rear sight like the Unity Tactical ATOM slide caused slightly more printing for me. Having the window of the optic sit lower when it's in front of the rear sight allowed it to blend with the belt line a bit better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

User Tag List