Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Russian gun handling

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by iakdrago View Post
    There was an update on the russian pistol posted on the original blog:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ke-one-pistol/

Takeaways:

• looks like i was wrong, and the barrel is not fixed--but has short inline recoil movement

• 50,000 round test? Is this why we have not been hearing from TLG?

• The front sight was indeed off in the video--it looks perfectly centered in the provided picture

• It looks like SIGis creating the accessories for the new pistol (at this rate i won't be supprised if there is a Kursk version with a t-34 for a front sight post, and a katyusha for the rear).

• $780 MSRP according to the comments--if so i will buy it.

Did some google research--here is some further info

http://frankwjames.blogspot.com/2012...nock-offs.html
    It will be interesting to see where this pistol goes. I have no doubt that it COULD be a good gun (or at least acceptable) but like every other modern piece of Russian equipment they are eying to market to the West (The Sukhoi SuperJet comes to mind), while the product may be good, the Russian track record of product and customer support prevents their products from any serious consideration.

All that said, at an MSRP of $780, I don't see how anyone will consider it over a cheaper and much more proven Glock or M&P unless they just have a hard on for a Russian plastic blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by iakdrago View Post
    There was an update on the russian pistol posted on the original blog:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ke-one-pistol/

Takeaways:

• looks like i was wrong, and the barrel is not fixed--but has short inline recoil movement

• 50,000 round test? Is this why we have not been hearing from TLG?

• The front sight was indeed off in the video--it looks perfectly centered in the provided picture

• It looks like SIGis creating the accessories for the new pistol (at this rate i won't be supprised if there is a Kursk version with a t-34 for a front sight post, and a katyusha for the rear).

• $780 MSRP according to the comments--if so i will buy it.

Did some google research--here is some further info

http://frankwjames.blogspot.com/2012...nock-offs.html
    Thanks for the updates.

From looking at the photos, I can already tell that when using my normal grip, my firing hand middle finger is going to activate the right side ambi mag release; my finger will pretty much be sitting right on top of it. The locking system looks interesting, I wonder how it will fair.

Check out the Long Range Conversion. Obviously of sound thought and purpose.

ETA: Here's another video I just saw.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-22-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    So is this a Russian gun marketed from Italy or is it an Italian gun made in Russia ???

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Check out the Long Range Conversion. Obviously of sound thought and purpose.
    Yeah that was the point of my attempted SIG stab

ETA: Here's another video I just saw.
    "Lowest barrel axle in history!"

I dunno... My axles sit pretty low.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    All that said, at an MSRP of $780, I don't see how anyone will consider it over a cheaper and much more proven Glock or M&P unless they just have a hard on for a Russian plastic blaster.
    Do not discount that factor. The second most potent marketing word to American Walter Mittys after "Mossad" is "Spetznaz". Pay some U.S. firearms instructor to come up with a "Spetznaz tactical warrior manual of arms" for the thing and endorse it in ads, offer a version with a flat dark earth frame, and you'll be farting through silk, my friend.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Do not discount that factor. The second most potent marketing word to American Walter Mittys after "Mossad" is "Spetznaz". Pay some U.S. firearms instructor to come up with a "Spetznaz tactical warrior manual of arms" for the thing and endorse it in ads, offer a version with a flat dark earth frame, and you'll be farting through silk, my friend.
    Very true.

I don't think the price of $780 would deter too many people if you can create a perception of value at that price. HK sells pistols at much more than $780...

Especially when the whole "proven" aspect of Glock and M&P isn't bomb-proof to begin with. Proven what? Proven inaccuracy? Proven unreliability? Proven unwillingness of the company to actually fix design issues?

I don't think the price of $780 would deter too many people if you can create a perception of value at that price. HK sells pistols at much more than $780...
    MSRP of $780 to me sounds like a street price of ~$500, assuming that, like a lot of places, they're basing MSRP on a fantasy markup over distributor pricing. (Of course, this is assuming that the importability status of centerfire self-loading pistols from Russia were to change...)

When Glock initially broke into the American gun market, Gaston wanted to price it in the 300's but was wisely talked out of it by Karl Walter, who knew that Americans would look down on a cheaply priced import gun. I would dare guess these guys are taking the same approach to pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    When Glock initially broke into the American gun market, Gaston wanted to price it in the 300's but was wisely talked out of it by Karl Walter, who knew that Americans would look down on a cheaply priced import gun. I would dare guess these guys are taking the same approach to pricing.
    *coughHS2000cough*

Still, I remember when Glocks were generally priced head-to-head with the P-series Rugers. (This was before the polymer-frame P-series. And nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em!)

User Tag List