Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian gun handling

Russian gun handling

On The Firearms Blog, there is an interesting video of a new Russian handgun. I am not much interested in the pistol, but found it illuminating to watch the shooting.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...olymer-pistol/

Are those cardboard targets the EU IPSC targets?

Site Supporter
    Gotta love the Russian idea of proving something is accurate (last 15 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    On The Firearms Blog, there is an interesting video of a new Russian handgun. I am not much interested in the pistol, but found it illuminating to watch the shooting.

That is the IPSC "Classic" Target, which is the standard paper target for all IPSC regions other than the US/USPSA.

I am not much interested in the pistol, but found it illuminating to watch the shooting.
    By illuminating do you mean suicidal? Russians never got the memo on gun safety.

Were they trying to demonstrate that the barrel does not tilt like (or as much as) a Glock?
    The frame looks very slim. I wonder what the capacity is?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Thanks Jay. New one on me.

About 1:50 the shooter has a decent grip. Some of the other gun handling was sub-par IMHO.

I think the final scene was shot from an angle as shown by the smoke. At least one can hope.

Banned

Those are indeed the official IPSC targets. In the US we call them "classic" targets for some reason. Most people refer to them as turtle targets. I like them quite a bit because they are smaller and demand better accuracy than the US "metric" targets.

The gun looks ok, but it kinda looks like a Glock and a Kel-Tec got drunk on Stoli and accidentally made a baby.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Safe gun handling as we know it is a fairly recent concept that hasn't even completely penetrated the lower 48, much less had much chance to spread overseas.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    Those are indeed the official IPSC targets. In the US we call them "classic" targets for some reason. Most people refer to them as turtle targets. I like them quite a bit because they are smaller and demand better accuracy than the US "metric" targets.
    And I hate them. I don't mind the "demand better accuracy part" but we shoot them so little I have trouble remembering at speed where the stupid A-zone is. (Please, don't tell me "it is in the middle"---I know. But how far OUT does it go? How precise do my shots need to be? Grrrrr..... I end up wasting time putting the shots right into the middle because I don't remember how much error I can allow and still get an A.)

The gun looks ok, but it kinda looks like a Glock and a Kel-Tec got drunk on Stoli and accidentally made a baby.
    Nice.

I've got to admit, I thought the top looked like a Glock and the frame looked like an XD.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    By illuminating do you mean suicidal? Russians never got the memo on gun safety.
    I think they take pride in proving their masculinity by doing very dangerous things. There's a reason life expectancy for Russian men is now into the low 50's.

User Tag List