Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and WessonM&P in 45...your thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    M&P .45 is a great gun, best of the M&P’s but $400 is not a bargain for a 1.0.
    Nor is it a bad price for a NIB one. I have an early 1.0 and it's excellent, 100% reliable. If you don't need a manual safety, there are some police trade-in mid-size ones (full-size frame, 4" barrel) for $299 here.

ETA: It's funny how spoiled we've become. When I started into this in the early 80s, if you wanted a .45 ACP you'd spend >$400 for a new Colt and then send it with a check for a similar amount to a gunsmith just to get it to run. 35 years later we're fussing about 100% reliable box stock .45s for $400 because their triggers aren't match-grade.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 06-23-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Vending Machine Operator

Smith and WessonM&P in 45...your thoughts?

I own a 1.0 in .40 and a 2.0 in 9mm.

I prefer the changes in the 2.0 enough that I’d save if I were you. The trigger alone is better than a 1.0 with Apex gear. It’s only another $100, maybe less. Definitely feel a 2.0 yourself first though, the grip aggressiveness is love or hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 06-23-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Thanks, glad they fixed it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a FS M&P45 1.0 that I got for like $325 or something. Police surplus with dim but useable NS.

I really like it. I bought it because I wanted a cheap .45 with 10rd standard capacity that I trusted for personal protection for travel to ban states and to have a reliable pistol in that caliber. I don't shoot it much, but it's a great shooter and completely reliable.

The 2.0 sounds like it might be a better pistol, so if you plan on putting a lot of rounds through it, the 2.0 is probably better investment. If you just want a .45 that you aren't afraid to lose or break, get a used 1.0. They're a steal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Thanks, glad they fixed it.
    Basically replace the black or green springs with the blue springs or Wolff aftermarket.

Thread on it here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....azine%20spring

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    ETA: It's funny how spoiled we've become. When I started into this in the early 80s, if you wanted a .45 ACP you'd spend >$400 for a new Colt and then send it with a check for a similar amount to a gunsmith
    The first 1911 I ever had (would have been shooting it in my avatar photo) was a Combat Commander that I had a local guy put K-frame sights on (that promptly started shearing off the screw...) and a few other little things. Showed it to my dad and he thought it was cool, but thought I had a hole in my head to have spent $75 having the work done. Now you can buy a great gun for $400 and $75 is a typical dinner tab!

ETA: I have a M&P 45 that I really like, one of the first things I threw Apex stuff at.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-23-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcj128 View Post
    I think it may end up at dealer cost - ish. Maybe a little lower. 400-ish. I would like to carry it, backup duty gun, range toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, $400 isn’t that great a price for a used 1.0.

Having said that, they’re pretty solid and if I were in the market for a polymer .45Auto pistol that one would be pretty much at the top of the heap.

If the price were nicer, I’d say jump on it. Given it’s price point, you might be better off with a new 2.0.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Spend some time on Gunbroker and the usual websites that sell a lot of police trade ins. You should be able to find one for less than $300.

http://summitgunbroker.com/m-p-45.html

I picked up a police trade-in a while back. Not a bad gun and easier to shoot that my .40 Glock.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Spend some time on Gunbroker and the usual websites that sell a lot of police trade ins. You should be able to find one for less than $300.

http://summitgunbroker.com/m-p-45.html
    For clarity the op’s gun is new old stock.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List