Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Smith and WessonM&P in 45...your thoughts?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Addressed in post 15. Smith solved it several years ago. Long before the 2.0.
    Thanks. Read the thread, not sure how I missed that.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Vending Machine Operator
    Caved. Final price with shipping was $414 for the .45 fullsize (no thumb safety so the training matches my Glocks and 2.0 Compact). -50 for the rebate brings it down to 364. My local shop will transfer for me for $20. Final price will be $384 for a brand new M&P M2.0 .45 4.6" with lifetime warranty.

I am very happy with that. My other modern .45 options being shopped were in the 550-650 range, and I have loved my 2.0 Compact 9mm.

Combined including shipping and FFL costs, I have spent less than $800 on two brand new pistols that so far have exhibited high quality and a lot of holster and accessory availability. I am happy to support Smith with the recent product and customer service improvements I've seen, and I'm a sucker for a deal.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 07-19-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    FYI, the M&P45 2.0 4.6" I ordered from GunPrime was manufactured August 2017, just a month after they were introduced. I am not expecting issues, since the 45s have always been reported as undramatic and solid, and the design is basically the same, but since I like to wait a least a year before buying new designs, this is just an FYI.

That aside, I really like the gun a lot. Comfortable and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    As far as price goes, just check around online to see what they are selling for. Then you can tell if your price is good or not. I have the full-size M&P 45 as well as the compact M&P 45, both the 1.0 version. I like them both and have had no problems with either. My default mode when handling a new pistol is how does it feel in the hand....and the 1911 Government model is the pistol I judge all others by. That Government model just fits me to a "T". The full-size M&P 45 runs close behind the 1911 for that "ahhh" moment when I handled the M&P for the first time.

Now for personal preference. I like the full-size frame better because it has a beaver-tail built into the rear of the frame. For me, this helps anchor the pistol in my hand, the web between the thumb and index finger. My compact model does not have this feature and I really miss it on the compact model. Because the 2.0 does not have this beaver-tail, I don't feel the need to rush out and buy one. Anyway, I like the M&P.
    So I am quoting myself....which sounds odd. I said I was in no rush to buy the M&P 2.0 in 45 acp. Well that thought lasted about 6 weeks. Found a full-size online at Grabagun for $399 with a $50.00 rebate, so the final retail price is $349. My resolve vanished, so buy it I did. Oh well.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    So I am quoting myself....which sounds odd. I said I was in no rush to buy the M&P 2.0 in 45 acp. Well that thought lasted about 6 weeks. Found a full-size online at Grabagun for $399 with a $50.00 rebate, so the final retail price is $349. My resolve vanished, so buy it I did. Oh well.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. After shooting mine for the first time I have been geeking over it for weeks. I have high hopes for my M2.0 .45 and M2.0 9mm 4" Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    FYI, the M&P45 2.0 4.6" I ordered from GunPrime was manufactured August 2017, just a month after they were introduced. I am not expecting issues, since the 45s have always been reported as undramatic and solid, and the design is basically the same, but since I like to wait a least a year before buying new designs, this is just an FYI.

That aside, I really like the gun a lot. Comfortable and solid.
    My M&P 45 2.0 I bought last week had a July 2017 production date.

Seems like a lot of year old pistols being sold. Is it that the demand for the 45 isn't there?

I had excellent luck with my gen 1, plus it is much easier to carry than a HK45. Any reason to upgrade to the 2.0, besides a better stock trigger?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Seems like a lot of year old pistols being sold. Is it that the demand for the 45 isn't there?

I had excellent luck with my gen 1, plus it is much easier to carry than a HK45. Any reason to upgrade to the 2.0, besides a better stock trigger?
    I personally vastly prefer the 2.0s, but it’s 99% the trigger and the super aggressive grip texture (30 minutes of carry with no undershirt will leave you a good scrape). If you like the 1.0 grip and trigger well enough the 1.0 .45s are good pistols, as I understand it.

I think you are right as to demand. I called S&W and they said there have been no recalls or notable part upgrades in the intervening year. I think pretty much everyone public and private sector is going into 9mm so hard right now the price of .45 has it easing pretty sharply in demand (though not compared to .40’s plummet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since all my first gen M&P45's have been grip textured and have Apex parts, I see no major reason to go grab a 2.0 at this time....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Since all my first gen M&P45's have been grip textured and have Apex parts, I see no major reason to go grab a 2.0 at this time....
    I'm reasonably happy with this pistol's (surplus 1.0 45) stock trigger, to be honest. It's not great, but it's totally workable. Was not the limiting factor to my marksmanship when I took it out this past weekend.

User Tag List