Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $350 m19 today

$350 m19 today

I went to the range to do some shooting at the store I work pt at. I seldom work there anymore, since my ft job takes enough of my time, so I usually cruise the cases when I first walk in. There was a very nice M19-3 sitting there. I pulled it out of the case and looked it over. There's a little wear around the muzzle but besides that it's in great shape.

So I shot, came out and ordered a pizza to take home from across the street. The whole time looking at this gun. My buddy whose working kept trying to convince me to buy it. It's a great price no doubt but I have a baby due in August.

I pass.

I get home and tell my wife what I found and pulled out a John Taffin book to show her. She works at the store too PT so has a good idea what I was talking about.

By the time I was done eating she convinced me it was ok to buy as long as I got her some ice cream on the way home.

I had to adjust the sights a little at 25 yards but it's a great shooter.
    Attachment 27348
    Attachment 27350

I'm thinking elpasso saddlery for a holster. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with an aiwb holster.
    Last edited by 03RN; 06-22-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    $350 for a P&R’d Model 19? I’d have sprained my wrist, yanking out my wallet.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

THAT was $350?

And the serial numbers aren't filed off?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    O,O
    O

That would be mine.

There’s a stainless one at an LGS that has the slickest action ever. It also has the most eroded forcing cone, peened cylinder bolt cuts, end shake, and flame cutting I’ve ever seen. $399.

It’s still in the store.

Glad your wife talked some sense into you. Nice score.

Amazing. The 2nd recent report of nice vintage Smiths at a great price. If the market is shifting, that'd be cool.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just placed an order with Elpasso saddlery. I almost went with Ryan Grizzle but I just really like my Tom Three persons I have from them already for my Blackhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    This^^

That’s an outstanding example of what was right with S&W back in the day!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    Same here. You can hardly get a ragged out M10 for that price in Northern VA these days.

Chris

Outstanding find!

I gotta get out more and look for wheel guns such as this. I paid about 325.00 for a 4 inch 66 12 or 13 years ago and thought that was a deal until I saw this post.

Well done.

User Tag List