Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sordin silicone ear cups deteriorated

Sordin silicone ear cups deteriorated

They ear cups are old, I’ll grant you. Just never seen any come apart like this.

I’m assuming I can still get replacements...

Name:  4F23DCEB-86AC-40FC-96E7-29595F5B28E6.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  9BB915D6-D84F-40A8-8420-5EFAC1711519.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  55.9 KB

Name:  2F9EC4B2-D5FD-477A-853E-00CDA78594A9.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  52.2 KB

Sounds like a good excuse for some sightlines.

Might give the good folks at SRS a call:

SRS Tactical
    Toll free: 877 795 4848
    Fax: 352 795 4801
    www.srstactical.com

Site Supporter
    MSA makes it kind of a pain to buy them. As Rich mentioned, SRS is a distributor. Here is the Pro X page that lists the gel hygiene kit part number. http://us.msasafety.com/Hearing-Prot...90007600001028

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse for some sightlines.
    Never heard of these but intrigued. Are you using them? With sordins or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Never heard of these but intrigued. Are you using them? With sordins or something else?
    I’ve got them on my HL Impact Sports. They seem to work well. I wore them for three days of Langdon class.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Actually, no, I've been putting it off forever because they did not have my Peltors mentioned. Your post actually reminded me to ask them, and they replied within ten minutes asking for specific pictures and confirmed compatibility so now I've got some on the way.

I got a set of gel replacements for the standard foam pads for my Peltor Comtacs; super comfortable, but I had to take them off because they were not as effective as the foam for hearing protection. I find my Sordins less comfortable than the Comtacs, so I’d be interested in hearing how well the Sordin gel pads work.

This is my second set of sordins, and I tried both the stock cups and the gels on both sets. For me, even if the NRR is less, the gels are the only way to go.

With the caveat that in the heat of SE FLORIDA, the gels can be an adjustment. They aren’t uncomfortable per se but they do feel weird and the area where they make contact with my head just feels odd.

Regarding the heat, I've occasionally mused about what it would take to design an affordable acoustically-effective active ventilation system for long-use headsets (8+hours; for classes etc.)

Either that or placing a desiccant bag inside each ear cup to absorb moisture build-up...that might be too much of a PITA and they would likely drop into the dirt.

What I usually do is rotate my Sordins off my ears and park them on my hat in between stages to try and dry them out a bit. I double up with plugs "just in case".

User Tag List