Views: 1298
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  2009-12-16-anarkitty_crowd_control.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  59.5 KB

Name:  2011-02-15-Anarkitty2ndAmendment.png
Views: 1351
Size:  56.9 KB

They don’t come that way, you habituate them and train them to be more engaged and amusing.

Hunt / fight games come more easily. Mock scream/disengage from rough play, ending the game early, teaches them control.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

My little black fluffball is my first ever cat. Always had dogs. Animals are like guns, I rarely meet one I don't like but never had a cat. Anyway, I taught her to fetch. She really gets into it. Along with the laser and string games, I figured it would keep her hunting skills up to par. She brings her toy mouse over and spits it in my lap. I toss it and she chases and bats it around a few times, and then brings it back for a replay. Her training worked extremely well. It kept her hunting skills honed to a razor sharpness. With all the deforestation in this area for construction, every year we get a few field mice wandering into the house. She goes to work with blazing speed. Tracks 'em down, snags 'em up... brings 'em over and spits 'em in my lap... I'm waiting for her to welcome a visitor with her 'fetch a mouse' game. That'll be a viral video.
    Last edited by critter; 06-24-2018 at 01:54 AM. Reason: 70 WPM with 75 mistakes
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

We didn't domesticate dogs. It was the other way around.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...-wolves-human/

My dog has trained me well and I live to serve him.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

As far as aiding man goes there are two (perhaps three) types of dog that helped us leapfrog our way to where we are. They are:

The Mastiff (not the English Mastiff but the Mastiff family). They are Heavy Hounds, by the way. They would close and kill big game.

The "light Mastiffs" or "running Mastiffs or "coursing Mastiffs". Think Rhodesian Ridgeback, Great Dane. These are "par force Hounds; gaze hounds, if you will).

The Livestock Guardians (some of which have Mastiff blood). Think Kangal, Caucasian Shepherd, Great Pyrenees, etc., etc.

Then there was the hounds as we think of today - scent hounds or baydogs.

Dogs are TRULY man's best friend.

I didn't watch the video nor do I care about which is smarter.

But without the dog we'd be far behind where we are today.

Love cats, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread: Dogs versus cats: Scientists reveal which one is smarter
    The answer is squirrels.

Site Supporter
    I’ll just leave this here.

Well one cat can be smarter than one dog and one dog can smarter want that it doesn't specifically go and say that this whole entire species is smarter than this entire species like how some humans are smarter than others.

User Tag List