Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 274: Stoplight

Glock 19 w/ trijicon HD’s and my reloads.

Started at 7 Yards then did 10,11,12,13,14 & 15 yards. Had some yellows along the way. I stopped at 15 and passed with two hits. I just really felt like this was probably my max distance and I was running out of Name:  E2C253FE-69EB-476A-ACC2-7661A5FC8891.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  63.4 KBtime.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Week 274: Stoplight

Shot this today, twice. First time I shot two then two misses. Argh.

Second was better.

Started at 3, then ended up missing twice at 5 yds.

Great drill.

Glock 19.5 w Ameriglo front and black rears, SCD. Otherwise stock. Ammo was Speer Lawman 124.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-24-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Shot this today, twice. First time I shot two then two misses. Argh.

Second was better.

Started at 3, then ended up missing twice at 5 yds.

Great drill.

Glock 19.5 w Ameriglo front and black rears, SCD. Otherwise stock. Ammo was Speer Lawman 124.
    I dig the target, Rich!
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I dig the target, Rich!
    You know, as a noob my biggest problem in running drills is remembering what to do. So I’ve found it useful to create them on a Laptop and print them out ahead of time with instructions IN BIG TYPE.

You know, as a noob my biggest problem in running drills is remembering what to do. So I’ve found it useful to create them on a Laptop and print them out ahead of time with instructions IN BIG TYPE.
    Luckily i get service at the range. I often have to reference dotw threads and/or pistol-traing.com's drill reference section to make sure i have the details right when running things. I like your way.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 06-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Luckily i get service at the range. I often have to reference dotw threads and/or pistol-traing.com's drill reference section to make sure i have the details right when running things. I like your way.
    If you think it’d be useful I can upload the *.pdf to the printed target thread. I wanted to check though, because I added your screen name at the bottom. Is that ok?

Pistol used
    G19-5
    Start distance
    7y
    Total number of missed shots
    Ending distance (final score)
    11y
    Anything you noticed
    I got both hits at 7, 8, 9, and 10. Then I dropped both shots at 11y low. My trigger control isn’t what it needs to be single handed and I’ve noticed my hands start to shake as soon as I apply what I consider decent grip pressure one handed.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

LOVE THIS!

With a G17 I started at 7 and graduated to 10 yards and then 12 yards. I failed out at 15 and didn't succeed at that distance.

Then with a LB Operator I started at 7 yards and made 10, 15, 20 and 25 yards. I failed out at 29.

1911s rule man.

Name:  Stoplight w LBO.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  37.8 KB
    Note that cardboard was used for more than the Stoplight hence a lot more holes.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

If you think it’d be useful I can upload the *.pdf to the printed target thread. I wanted to check though, because I added your screen name at the bottom. Is that ok?
    I certainly don't have an issue with it.

m&p 2.0c from a DSG orion

Start distance - 7 yards

Final distance cleaned - 14 yards

This is a drill that I've only recently came up with to work on my single handed shooting but I managed a PR today, despite having several yellow runs early on. Previously I had made it to 13 yards though I started at 3 yards on that run. My first run at 15 and I redlighted. For me, I like to start at a known distance within my ability and work back one yard at a time so that I show consistency. I don't want to jump several yards and then score a lucky run just to bump my score. Over time my starting distance will probably grow greater as my final score does, but I want to avoid jumping from 10 to 20 yards but rather build a solid base and earn each yard along the way. Today I used negative taping and replaced the card every few runs just so I could easily keep track of hits etc...

User Tag List