Thread: House and Weems in two-part harmony, 8/18, Athens GA

House and Weems in two-part harmony, 8/18, Athens GA

The Civilian Defender, Dr. Sherman House, and Lee Weems of First Person Safety have teamed up to provide training opportunities in two critical areas. Students may sign up for either or both (hopefully) classes. More information on each class is available at the respective registration link.

0900-1200

Standing Your Ground presented by Lee Weems, $50

“Stand your ground” aren’t magic words that transform a use of force into a lawful use of force. This class explores the dynamics of deadly force encounters to include the reasonable man doctrine, the lawful use of force, interacting with responding officers, and more.

Lee Weems combines two decades of law enforcement experience along with his education from places such as the Force Science Institute, the Law of Self Defense Instructor Program, the Massad Ayoob Group Deadly Force Instructor certification course, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers Use of Force Instructor Training Program, and many others to create the content for this presentation.

But wait there’s more!!

At the conclusion of the presentation a panel of defense attorneys and former prosecutors will be part of a panel question and answer session to field questions from class participants.

Registration Link

1300-1700

Hemorrhage Arrest Control presented by Dr. Sherman House, $50

THIS 4 HOUR COURSE is designed to prepare the CIVILIAN DEFENDER to deal with the inevitable eventuality of stopping life-threatening bleeding. With the ever increasing frequency of worldwide terror events, active killers, workplace violence incidents and motor vehicle collisions, knowing the proper techniques, tactics and procedures to keep you, your family, friends, parishioners, students and fellow countrymen alive until a higher level of medical care can reach you is ESSENTIAL! This course will prepare you for unexpected (but not unplanned for) emergencies!

Registration Link
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Wag more, Bark less Rich_Jenkins's Avatar

House and Weems in two-part harmony, 8/18, Athens GA

I’m going to check my travel schedule.

Saturday 18 August, right?

ETA: Rats I was thinking I was up near (ATL) that weekend but no. Bummer.
    Last edited by Rich_Jenkins; 06-21-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.”
    — J. C. Watts

Site Supporter Sherman A. House DDS's Avatar
    I’m stoked! This is going to be a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Were I not stuck in my area that weekend I'd attend.

Lee and Sherman both bring a lot of great knowledge to the table and anyone would benefit from hearing their perspective. If you can make it, endeavor to do so.
    3/15/2016

I should be able to make this.

looks like a great program

Ticket sales have been very encouraging so far. We are already at 50% capacity. Neither dilly nor dally.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List