Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Another Malkoff EDC "Build"

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    These come with Malkoff E2 heads;

https://arisakadefense.com/collectio...0-series-light

...then pick an Arisaka mount of your choice.
    Thank you. However, I don't think I can get any Arisaka products since to my knowledge they don't ship abroad. (And none of the usual remailer services will touch any firearm stuff.) Also, sounds like that would get quite expensive. I was really hoping for an upgrade to the current tube, since I already have it mounted to the gun and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I was really hoping for an upgrade to the current tube, since I already have it mounted to the gun and everything.
    Ah, OK.

Sticking with the current Surefire body (and primary cells only) limits you to M61 drop-ins. Right now this seems the one with the greatest output (425 lumens), though it's probably closer to 500 running on a set of CR123 lithium batteries;

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.co...re-and-malkoff

@That Guy

Malkoff shrouded tailcap would help with the lumen AD’s. Sadly the SF Z48/49 was discontinued. https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.co...md2-md3-or-md4

The current M61 is rate for 425 lumens for 75 minuets before taper. https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.co...re-and-malkoff

More output or throw would require a new light as the Malkoff M61T and M91T heads only fit Malkoff MD2/3/4 bodies. The Arisaka m300/600 body with Malkoff E1T/E2T head is really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Malkoff should pay you to redo their website. Jeez, it’s terrible. Why not have packages pre-selected. Then people could actually buy their products.
    I had a conversation with Gene last week about the website. I offered some suggestions, including making it easier to find their complete flashlights. On the home page the complete lights (small, medium and large) are now listed just below the banner - https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/

We also got onto the topic of how rugged his lights are and how that is truly what separates them from much of the competition. He told me the story of a Rhode Island LEO who carries a Hound Dog and how he used it to smash out a windshield. The light had already seen plenty of abuse and when the lens cracked breaking out the windshield, he sent it back for a lens replacement. When Gene saw how beat up the light was and still 100% functional, he wanted to keep it as an example of how much abuse his lights can take. He offered a new light (same model) in exchange for the beater - of course the offer was accepted. I suggested he create a section on the website with photos and stories of Malkoff lights surviving abuse that most others would not.

He also has some new products in the works that I think are going to be very interesting to those of us who use hand held lights for defensive/LE purposes.

Good people, incredible CS and great products made by a small family owned and operated U.S. company. American entrepreneurialism at its best, going toe-to-toe with the big guys and the glut of cheaper Chinese imports. I can find nothing not to like.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 07-07-2018 at 07:51 AM.

I carried the M61HOT MD2 on my trip to Idaho. It worked great! The head loosened so it was on low a couple times. Looks like I need to tighten it hard. And a whole week of use only depleted the battery by 15%.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

To add to this thread, I finally bought an M61 for a new 6P body I've had in a drawer for years. I have to say I am super impressed. While it states 425 lumens, it feels like this light far outperforms that compared to competitive lights that advertise higher lumens. I had it out on the beach and in the dunes at night last week and would put this light on par with an X300Ultra for how well it lit everything. The x300U had a tighter hot spot and threw a little further, but the malkoff lit up a wider area and seemed to be just as bright. I think one aspect that is very understated/under-advertised about the Malkoff products are how flat they run with regards to output throughout their battery life. Contrast that to most other lights on the market that have upwards of a 50% drop in output after the first few seconds while the Malkoff has almost no drop off and puts out the same amount of light for the full duration.

I'll revive a old thread.
    Md3/m91t

Got a VME head and the 425 lumen P61 drop in to renew an old E2D

User Tag List