Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried a Vortex amg uh1?

Has anyone tried a Vortex amg uh1?

I really like the idea of holographic sights over red dots because most red dots end up looking like starbursts to me for some reason. Maybe due to the laser eye surgery I had 12 years ago I dunno.

Anyway the EoTech have always been interesting but their shit battery life, inherent reliability issues along with their more recent heat issues has never made them a viable option.

This new Vortex looks very interesting to me. Better battery life than the Eotech, the triangle at the lower portion of the reticle for close distance shooting is a cool concept and the ability to use rechargeable CR123 batteries and charge them in the sight make it very appealing to me.

Has anyone got their hands on one and care to offer an opinion?

If you haven't already I recommend reading the latest posts on the long thread at m4carbine.net.

I want a serious use alternate to an Aimpoint. IMO the UH-1 is not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    ...most red dots end up looking like starbursts to me...
    Astigmatism

Doc doesn't think so or I wouldn't have been able to get laser eye surgery. I think the surgery has more to do with it than anything. The Dual ilum RMR and the Mepro M21 all seem to look nice and clear. The red dots with larger dots look ok too generally.

I am plain old nearsighted and dots look blurry or starbursty to me, but as soon as I get my glasses on they are crisp and clear.

I gave up on the Venom/Viper, and Vortex agreed to take those two in trade towards a UH-1, so I will be ringing one of these out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I have slight astigmatism and holographic sights like the UH1 typically have less distortion to my eyes. YMMV

Anyone looking to pick one up, you know who to call
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Bumppp, how are these working?

I haven’t gotten down to where mine is waiting yet, but should next month.

My buddies shooting PCC are really digging these, the Holosun 510C green elite:

https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-510C-.../dp/B079PH36FX
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I can source one of these for 350.. which seems like a great deal to me given vortex's warranty. The past years reviews, via youtube, seem to be positive with some subtle changes going into production. Anyone start using one of these?

User Tag List