Thread: LEM Trigger Reset Question

LEM Trigger Reset Question

I have a P2000 with a LEM trigger. It started life as a V2 but I sent it back to HK and they converted it to a "Light" LEM. Now reset is very sluggish. My split times, which aren't fast to begin with, are about 0.4s slower than a stock G19.

If memory serves, the reset was one reason Todd developed the "TLG LEM" mod. I've read most of the threads here but I'm still confused by the differences between:

LEM V1
    LEM V4 (V1 with stronger reset?)
    LEM V4.1 (V4 with shorter reset?)
    LEM TLG (same thing as V4?)

Can someone enlighten me on how to achieve a better reset but keep the Light LEM? Thanks in advance.

The TLG LEM trigger uses the light LEM components with the standard "heavy" trigger return spring for more positive reset. It's designation as "V4" is NOT official nor recognized by HK.

The 4.1 reduces PRE-travel (take up), not reset

LEM Trigger Reset Question

I just switched my p2ksk to the TLG setup. I much prefer the stronger reset to the lighter trigger. Lite lem was too mushy on the reset and the pretravel had no tension to me. I am much preferring the heavy trs spring to light.

In my p30 I installed the medium trs instead of the heavy that the TLG had. I believe it achieves the best of both. You get a lil lighter trigger pull yet retaining positive reset and a firm consistent pretravel. I just wish I could get a medium trs for my p2ksk.

One thing I have noticed. And it could be personal. But the lem trigger to me is not exactly dry fire friendly. I say this because the lite lem felt awesome in dry fire. The break is very light and I did not notice the reset/pretravel as much. But on the range it gets noticed very fast. Having the positive pretravel and that forceful reset really help while actually shooting the gun and running it at speed. I also noticed I am less likely to short stroke while shooting very slowly accurately. That heavier trs really presses your finger out in live fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 06-20-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks for the clarification, guys. Looks like my pistol's getting a heavy trigger spring.

User Tag List