Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Columbia, MO; St Louis, MO

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I recommend East St Louis.
    Yes, if your idea of fun is being beaten, robbed, carjacked, or shot. (Or any combination thereof.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Mizzou Grad here who lived in Columbia for 5 years and still has family that lives there. Booches does indeed have an outstanding burger. Shakespeare's Pizza is also a good pizza joint in town that's worth visiting. There are a couple of good breweries in town as well. Restaurants and maybe a stroll of the campus are going to be the only things worth doing in Columbia. Great college town and I love it, but not exactly a tourist destination. Let me know what kind of stuff you like and I can point you in the right direction.

Site Supporter
    Fritz's for the custard, Fitz's for the root beer

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Fritz's for the custard, Fitz's for the root beer
    Oh forgot about Fitz's, don't think I ever tried Fritz's though. I liked Ted Drewes' custard and they seem to get really good reviews online still, so that's probably worth a stop if you are into sweets.

A look inside St. Louis Gateway Arch's $380 million makeover
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/08/a-lo...-makeover.html

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yes, if your idea of fun is being beaten, robbed, carjacked, or shot. (Or any combination thereof.)
    I had to drive my Sprinter RV from Portland to Tampa a couple years ago.

I pushed through the center of StL on I70 as fast as that little Diesel could go, so I could overnight near Scott AFB. I saw the sign for Florissant Ave flash by at some point. I wasn’t stopping.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    A look inside St. Louis Gateway Arch's $380 million makeover
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/08/a-lo...-makeover.html
    Riding up in the Arch is something everyone should do once.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I recommend East St Louis.

Site Supporter
    You guys are missing out on the best barbecue places.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I had to drive my Sprinter RV from Portland to Tampa a couple years ago.

I pushed through the center of StL on I70 as fast as that little Diesel could go, so I could overnight near Scott AFB. I saw the sign for Florissant Ave flash by at some point. I wasn’t stopping.
    That's still in STL just after the airport - not too far from the college from which I earned my degree. As far as crime-ridden areas, there are certainly worse, although the now-famous Ferguson is only a few miles away. North STL has a few gang-infested hotspots that probably rival the East side in terms of violent crime but I suspect most cities have the same issues.

As has already been mentioned, the Arch is worth a visit, as is STL's beautiful Forest Park, zoo, art and history museums and science center. While I haven't taken the AB tour myself, most of those who have gone seem to really have enjoyed it. And of course there are a variety of little cultural pockets, eateries, watering holes, etc all over the place, depending on what you like to do. Busch Stadium is a beautiful ballpark and the Cardinals and their fans make for a great experience, although I may be a bit biased.

If you're a history buff there's downtown St. Charles and the Daniel Boone home further out West where you can see some pretty neat stuff. Tours of either area are usually on a scheduled basis and both move slowly so expect to be around for part of the day.

User Tag List