Thread: Lionheart LH9 Opinions?

Lionheart LH9 Opinions?

I have an opportunity to buy a new in box LH9 (non railed version) for $400. I've been looking at these with a side eye for a long time. I know they are coming out with a newer version but was curious if anyone has some first hand experience with them? Mostly as a AIWB setup, unfortunately JM Custom does NOT make a AIWB for them

I think they have a pretty good track record with it being the same as the Korean Issued Daewoo K5/DP51. The "triple DA" shot once holstered would take some getting used to and is a concern for me as it doesn't feel like you can do a press out properly with the "2 stage feel". Safety doesn't bother me since it so low profile i would never use it. Only downside is this is the earlier version with the NON novak style sights

Last edited by azerious; 06-20-2018 at 12:36 AM.

It's a fine choice for AIWB. Treat the "Double Action +" trigger as a regular DA pull, not like a two-stage, and it is fine. There is a very recent thread on these right now here somewhere.

I had one for a few months some time ago.

I'd give it a "meh". Nothing specifically wrong with it but it really didn't do anything for me that my other handguns didn't at the time. Build quality seemed "ok", shootability was "ok". Ended up selling it.

At that time accessories were not very easy to find. Don't know what that situation is like currently.

cc

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not really sure what this has to offer over other SA/DA options.... and just because it was issued to the Korean military doesn't necessarily mean it's inherently reliable. Personally, I'd pass, and spend the money on a 3rd Gen S&W.

Site Supporter
    I've got a DP51c waiting at my FFL. Should pick it up tonight. The Lionhearts/Daewoos have been on my radar for a while, too--all forged parts, chrome-lined barrel, military-pedigree. Seems like a very nice gun, at a good price. Figure I'll start with the original in the series. I'll report back when I get some rounds through it.

Lionheart is going to release their "Regulus" line soon. It's the same as the Korean design, but it's gonna be made in the USA--allegedly--with somewhat tighter tolerances and more options (e.g., barrels made with single point machining). At least that's my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Mostly as a AIWB setup, unfortunately JM Custom does NOT make a AIWB for them
    Is anyone building a AIWB specific holster for it?

I have a LH9V2 (its actually for sale right now, along with some other guns, see soon to be posted for sale ad....) which is the railed version with the Novak sights, it uses slightly modified S&W 3rd gen mags, which is nice and it shoots remarkably well. Only reason I'm parting with it is irrational lust for a Langdon 92 to go with my other Berettas. Pressing all the way through the trigger on the DA results in a pleasantly light press, using it as a "two stage" does not work as well for me and I can't get on the trigger during the press out like I can with a Beretta or a Sig, It feels much lighter but does make the pistol very easy to shoot well. The grips look weird but also work well, de cocking by pushing the hammer forward is slightly awkward as it forces me to break my grip, but is not insurmountable. I know that G-Code made a run of INCOG holsters for them. I think they were pretty much the only large company making holsters for them other than one offs from small kydex makers. All in all its a slightly quirky but good gun for those of us that just have to be different or already have all the normal stuff...
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 06-21-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    It's likely Smith 3rd gen holsters will fit okay. I have a holster for a 6904, and (though I haven't confirmed it yet) it looks like my DP51c will probably fit (I'll know tonight).
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-21-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Site Supporter

Holster fits, mane...

Name:  image7.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  44.1 KB

That's a Texas Heritage for a 6904/6, from Tucker Gunleather. If you're getting the full sized Lionheart, a 5906 holster would probably fit. I can't say for sure with kydex, but the dimensions of the Daewoo/Lionheart compact and the 69XX Smiths are very, very close.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-21-2018 at 10:36 PM.

User Tag List