Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiley clapp GP100 10 mm?

Site Supporter

Wiley clapp GP100 10 mm?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27267[/ATTACH
    Really Ruger? A six shot 10mm revolver? Make me one I really want. A Wiley Clapp 4 inch GP100 - 357 Mag, with the old barrel, or a 5 shot 44 mag, or even better how about a 3 inch GP100 9mm with moon clips? Since I’m on a roll- how about a Ruger American bolt action takedown in 45 ACP that takes 1911 mags? (Ruger/ DeLisle carbine)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Poconnor; 06-19-2018 at 06:11 PM.

The only thing I don't like is the price!

Want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Very cool, but the .357 is such a versatile round, the only reason to own a 10mm version would be to own a 10mm version. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. Ain't America grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Very cool, but the .357 is such a versatile round, the only reason to own a 10mm version would be to own a 10mm version. And there's nothing wrong with that at all. Ain't America grand!
    For some reason I just don't like the idea of wasted space in a revolver. If it can hold more or larger cartridges then I want it to, even if that cartridge isn't necessarily better. I like moon clips too. If they made a 7-shot .357 Wiley Clapp then I'd rather have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Yeah I want this. I have one of the 10mm Match Champions on the way, but I’d carry this thing.

I picked up a used 4" GP100 awhile ago with the idea of sending it to Clements for his conversion. This seems like the more logical option since the gun is likely to be priced about the same as the conversion work.

Other than being moonclipped for reloads (and there are some cons to that), I'm kind of underwhelmed by what a 10mm cartridge will do compared to judiciously chosen .357 magnums.

If you already have a 10mm (i.e., a Glock G20, etc) I can see it for commonality of ammunition. Otherwise, meh.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Other than being moonclipped for reloads (and there are some cons to that), I'm kind of underwhelmed by what a 10mm cartridge will do compared to judiciously chosen .357 magnums.

If you already have a 10mm (i.e., a Glock G20, etc) I can see it for commonality of ammunition. Otherwise, meh.

Best, Jon
    I already have a Glock 20, and I'm still buying my GP100 in .357.

Of course, I've got a .38 Special, so I have commonality of ammo there, too.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    For some reason I just don't like the idea of wasted space in a revolver. If it can hold more or larger cartridges then I want it to, even if that cartridge isn't necessarily better. I like moon clips too. If they made a 7-shot .357 Wiley Clapp then I'd rather have that.
    I was seriously considering a 7 shot Ruger GP100 until I read that some brands of brass won't seat fully because the spacing is to confined for the rims to clear each other.

User Tag List