Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS M2 RMSc

Quote Originally Posted by Ptero View Post
    So I have been using them on my PPS M2 as well as all of my HK P30s and I think they are awesome.

They have a large white ring around the front tritium (they don't glow in the dark a la Ameriglos) and no rings around the rears so I don't have to bother blackening them out. The front sight is a little on the thick side, but the rear notch is generous and there is a bit of light that shows when you line them up, so I can live with it. The rear notch is a U shape rather than squared off. I like it, but I know some folks find them distracting. Also the rear sight is sort of undercut in the front for hooking on a belt (or a rock or something...). They glow as bright as Trijicons.

Another bonus is that I they have nice smoothed edges so they don't tear up you clothes or love handles and I have not had a set show any signs of rust even though I carry IWB.

Just my .02 cents, but I think they are a steal.
    Sounds good so far. Do you have a set of calipers that you could Measure the height of the front and rear? I’m curious how much taller they are over the factory sights. I don’t want a set too tall since they’d intrude more into the glass window. And TruGlo didn’t post the height on their website.

Thanks
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

You can disregard. Just got this back from Brownells (within 20 Minutes of sending it):

Name:  D2CEF30D-D984-45A3-AC55-167366ECE670.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  41.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

My PPS M2 continues to impress. Groups at 15 yards

Atlanta Arms 115 JHP Match ammo, .875":
    Name:  IMG_0853.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  56.3 KB

Sellier & Bellot 115 FMJ SB9A, .875":
    Name:  IMG_0855.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  53.5 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Put another 150 Rds through it this morning. Shot 3 FAST to start the day. Started with the flush fit mag in the pistol and the 7rd mag in a single pouch. All 3 runs were in the mid 6’s. Dropped 1 head shot on the 1st run, the second run was clean at 6.51. The third one was mid 6 again with a dropped circle shot. The clean run should have been in the 5s but I had my thumb on the slide stop and had to run the slide.

After the FAST I played around with the zero and got it more dialed in. Now I’m dead on at 15 yards. Next I shot Dot Torture twice. 47/50 and 49/50. Both at 5 yards.

Still really like the PPS M2, but I’ve been getting that P30 “pinch” if I get too much of my finger on the trigger. It’s just something I need to keep in mind.

I had one failure to go into battery that I just smacked the back of the slide to fix and moved on. Not sure what was up with that but I shot another hundred or so rounds afterwards without an issue so I’m not really concerned about it. Most of the rounds were Freedom Munitions 147RN with 50 124 Lawman and a handful of whatever was in my shooting bag. The failure to go into battery was with one of the whatever rounds so not sure which brand is the culprit.

Still patiently waiting for my JMCK AIWB so I have a GOOD holster.

Name:  09A355B1-264C-4953-B697-88680D35E1B4.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  26.7 KB
    Last edited by Lon; 06-26-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

So I have been using them on my PPS M2 as well as all of my HK P30s and I think they are awesome.

They have a large white ring around the front tritium (they don't glow in the dark a la Ameriglos) and no rings around the rears so I don't have to bother blackening them out. The front sight is a little on the thick side, but the rear notch is generous and there is a bit of light that shows when you line them up, so I can live with it. The rear notch is a U shape rather than squared off. I like it, but I know some folks find them distracting. Also the rear sight is sort of undercut in the front for hooking on a belt (or a rock or something...). They glow as bright as Trijicons.

Another bonus is that I they have nice smoothed edges so they don't tear up you clothes or love handles and I have not had a set show any signs of rust even though I carry IWB.

Just my .02 cents, but I think they are a steal.
    Can you take a picture from the side of the rear sight? Guys on the Walther forum day it’s too long to fit behind the RMSc. I’d like to see that for myself.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, hopefully this is useful.Name:  Truglo Rear sight on PPS M2.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  37.4 KB

Site Supporter
    This might fuck up my budget...
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 06-26-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Teh spelling

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, hopefully this is useful.Name:  Truglo Rear sight on PPS M2.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  37.4 KB
    Awesome. Thanks. Those will work.

The guy on WF didn’t know WTF he was talking about.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

My blasters:

Name:  741685ED-8749-4CE4-8B6A-30B60B1D47B8.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  76.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I really preferred the original PPS. The striker indicator on the back, the paddle mag release, and the flat profile were perfect for deep concealed carry. I know Southnarc stated that he put a ton of rounds through one. There’s at least one other forum member here that has one. Other than that I never hear much about them anymore.

If I found one close and cheap I would be really tempted to buy it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List