Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS M2 RMSc

Have about 250 rounds thru the Walther as of this morning. Only one malfunction, a failure to feed with some IMI DI-CUT 115 JHP which has very aggressive points on the jacket. Still shooting very well. Several sub 2.0" groups with 4 rounds under 1". This was 5 rounds of American Eagle 124 grain FMJ today:
    Name:  IMG_0851.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  26.8 KB

Group was 1.375" with 4 in .75". Still a keeper methinks. Trigger has improved over the last couple of days.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

My Amex just started sobbing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I had no idea this existed! Purchasing. May post a review after a few range sessions.

Got to put 100 rds through mine this afternoon. It was raining lightly so I was kinda in a hurry. Did a quick zero. Just had to bring the dot up a bit. That took maybe 25 rds to dial in. Spent the next 75 banging steel at 50 ft and 50 yds. Was shooting at a head/A zone steel and shooting as quick as the dot would settle on the steel. The 7 rd mag made quite a difference in recoil control vs the flush fit 6 rd mag.

For those thinking about this pistol, if you decide you don’t like the RMS a cover plate is included.

So far I really like this set up. Looking forward to getting my JMCK AIWB rig for it. I bought an el cheapo kydex IWB and an OWB paddle rig just to have something to practice with in the meantime.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Here is the thread I started a few months back, when I got mine:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?30912-PPS-RMSC
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I put another 125 rounds through it this afternoon. 115 were 124gr Lawman (as were all the rounds yesterday) and 10 were 124 +P GD (issued ammo). No malfunctions whatsoever that were the guns fault. A couple times my thumb held the slide stop down so no slide lock back, but that’s something I fight on just about every semi auto I shoot. Once again I was in a hurry, but I did some dot drills at 5 yards (was gonna do dot torture but forgot the DT targets), plus some reload drills and a walk back drill on an 8 inch steel plate. Started at 10 yards. For this walk back i decided that I’d stop if I missed more than once at any distance. Didn’t have any misses till out around 40 yards and missed 2x in a row at 51 yards so I stopped there.

I’ve got 3 8rd mags on the way as well as a mag pouch. The IWB holster and the paddle holster i ordered are in. The IWB I already don’t like since the pistol rides too low. I haven’t made the RMS cut out in the paddle yet so I haven’t tried that out. So next week I should be able to get the timer out and spend some more time on this gun doing some more serious testing with it.

I already can tell I like it more than my G43. No comparison whatsoever. Even if the RMS doesn’t work out the PPS M2 is gonna be my new back up gun once I get some more rounds through it.

So far I love the Shield RMS as well. We’ll see if it holds up. One of the things I picked up at the OTOA conference came from the Glock rep who was using a Shield on his 19. The lens scratching topic came up in our discussion and he told me that he had spoken with some Brit SpecOps types who were using the Shield on their pistols. They used clear tape and made “lens protectors” with it to protect the lens. No idea if it’s true or not, but I may give that a try and see how it works. He also told me that he had spoken with the Shield mfg people and they told him they’re working on a glass lens for the Shield.
    Last edited by Lon; 06-23-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Anyone been able to find good video on detail stripping a PPS M2?
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I put another 125 rounds through it this afternoon. 115 were 124gr Lawman (as were all the rounds yesterday) and 10 were 124 +P GD (issued ammo). No malfunctions whatsoever that were the guns fault. A couple times my thumb held the slide stop down so no slide lock back, but that’s something I fight on just about every semi auto I shoot. Once again I was in a hurry, but I did some dot drills at 5 yards (was gonna do dot torture but forgot the DT targets), plus some reload drills and a walk back drill on an 8 inch steel plate. Started at 10 yards. For this walk back i decided that I’d stop if I missed more than once at any distance. Didn’t have any misses till out around 40 yards and missed 2x in a row at 51 yards so I stopped there.

I’ve got 3 8rd mags on the way as well as a mag pouch. The IWB holster and the paddle holster i ordered are in. The IWB I already don’t like since the pistol rides too low. I haven’t made the RMS cut out in the paddle yet so I haven’t tried that out. So next week I should be able to get the timer out and spend some more time on this gun doing some more serious testing with it.

I already can tell I like it more than my G43. No comparison whatsoever. Even if the RMS doesn’t work out the PPS M2 is gonna be my new back up gun once I get some more rounds through it.

So far I love the Shield RMS as well. We’ll see if it holds up. One of the things I picked up at the OTOA conference came from the Glock rep who was using a Shield on his 19. The lens scratching topic came up in our discussion and he told me that he had spoken with some Brit SpecOps types who were using the Shield on their pistols. They used clear tape and made “lens protectors” with it to protect the lens. No idea if it’s true or not, but I may give that a try and see how it works. He also told me that he had spoken with the Shield mfg people and they told him they’re working on a glass lens for the Shield.
    This is how I take care of the plastic lens on my Shield and JPoint.

#1 I always keep the cover from my JPoint on it except when I am shooting it (the JPoint comes with two so I have on that also). I have a tether of gutted para cord that attaches it to my belt for ccw. It pops off as the gun clears the holster. This keeps the lens clean and the dot on low to conserve battery.

#2 I use a $7.00 lens brush I bought off Amazon to remove any particles that might scratch the lens before I clean it.

#3 I clean the lens with a 9mm soft cotton cleaning patch and a little 90% Isopropyl Alcohol.

I had my JPoint for about a year and the lens looks as good as the day I bought it. The JPoint cover almost fits the Shield. I had to take a blow dryer to it but it only took a minute.

Mine is on a G19 but currently has an admittedly low round count. The JPoint (which has the same electronics) has several thousand rounds through it with no issues but I am not generally that hard on my stuff.

Edited to add: Most of the time all I have to do is dust it with the brush. The JPoint cover keeps it pretty clean.
    Last edited by Johnny Bravo; 06-24-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Was surfing the forums and found a lost about these TruGlo Pro tritium sights. Anyone played around with them yet? I know they’re not Trijicon or Ameriglo (which are the go to around these parts) but I’m curious just the same. Found em on Amazon for $68 bucks.

http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handg...gun-sights.asp
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Was surfing the forums and found a lost about these TruGlo Pro tritium sights. Anyone played around with them yet? I know they’re not Trijicon or Ameriglo (which are the go to around these parts) but I’m curious just the same. Found em on Amazon for $68 bucks.

http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handg...gun-sights.asp
    So I have been using them on my PPS M2 as well as all of my HK P30s and I think they are awesome.

They have a large white ring around the front tritium (they don't glow in the dark a la Ameriglos) and no rings around the rears so I don't have to bother blackening them out. The front sight is a little on the thick side, but the rear notch is generous and there is a bit of light that shows when you line them up, so I can live with it. The rear notch is a U shape rather than squared off. I like it, but I know some folks find them distracting. Also the rear sight is sort of undercut in the front for hooking on a belt (or a rock or something...). They glow as bright as Trijicons.

Another bonus is that I they have nice smoothed edges so they don't tear up you clothes or love handles and I have not had a set show any signs of rust even though I carry IWB.

Just my .02 cents, but I think they are a steal.

User Tag List