Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Broke some M9's today...

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    That is still the spec, recoil springs should be longer than 5, under 5 and it’s supposed to be replaced. I still maintain that’s a dumb standard and they should be replaced way sooner than that.
    Well let's ask "why"? How many rounds and how was the recommended round count arrived at? I'd bet somebody way back may have tested them to a certain round count, then measured the spring lengths of those that were worn out ...and there you have it.

That's only a guess on my part though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Well let's ask "why"? How many rounds and how was the recommended round count arrived at? I'd bet somebody way back may have tested them to a certain round count, then measured the spring lengths of those that were worn out ...and there you have it.

That's only a guess on my part though.
    I have this whole rant about how if SFMIS was being properly used we’d be able to log each gun’s individual round count and then just change the spring every 5k rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I have this whole rant about how if SFMIS was being properly used we’d be able to log each gun’s individual round count and then just change the spring every 5k rounds.
    You'd probably have to prove how it would save money or that the weapons were non-functional after 5k rounds for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    You'd probably have to prove how it would save money or that the weapons were non-functional after 5k rounds for that to happen.
    Which is why it’ll never happen and we’ll just keep cracking locking blocks until the whole force has the M18.

/sigh oh a lad can dream tho

User Tag List