Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI Newly skinny guy CCW ideas needed

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    That honestly looks pretty uncomfortable to me even if it is concealable

I personally like the G26 but I have a muscular build and have a lot of weight on the op (135 at 5'11? You need a few trips to golden corral my friend). The G43 has never felt right to me but it is obviously popular. In the hand I prefer the PPS m2 and the Shield 2.0. The PPS m2 with RDS actually looks like a cool option that would be fun for the range and work for carry supposing that the RDS is decent. While I could carry a 3 lb gun with mags, ammo, etc in my pants, I just really don't want to because I still have to do my day to day stuff.
    5’08”, 155lbs.

My job can be physical at times. Comfort is subjective.

RFI Newly skinny guy CCW ideas needed

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    A cheap Galco suede holster, I don't remember the model.

Is it this?

https://www.galcogunleather.com/stow..._8_7_1302.html

If so, just for shits and giggles, something to try out is taking some foam and throwing it between the trigger guard area of the holster and your belt (unloaded gun). I ended up sewing in a leather wedge right there on one of these holsters and it works pretty decently, plus super comfy.
    Last edited by BK14; 06-18-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Is it this?

https://www.galcogunleather.com/stow..._8_7_1302.html

If so, just for shits and giggles, something to try out is taking some foam and throwing it between the trigger guard area of the holster and your belt (unloaded gun). I ended up sewing in a leather wedge right there on one of these holsters and it works pretty decently, plus super comfy.
    Actually, yes it is.

So add foam wedge to tilt the gun towards my body?

I can get all the foam I want along with 3M pressure adhesive so I can make anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    That honestly looks pretty uncomfortable to me even if it is concealable

I personally like the G26 but I have a muscular build and have a lot of weight on the op (135 at 5'11? You need a few trips to golden corral my friend). The G43 has never felt right to me but it is obviously popular. In the hand I prefer the PPS m2 and the Shield 2.0. The PPS m2 with RDS actually looks like a cool option that would be fun for the range and work for carry supposing that the RDS is decent. While I could carry a 3 lb gun with mags, ammo, etc in my pants, I just really don't want to because I still have to do my day to day stuff.
    Sorry off topicish
    If I were 135 lbs I would be safer than I am now no matter what I what I was carrying. I stand a better chance of a heart attack than I do a gun fight. Hate to admit which I spend more time and effort focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Sorry off topicish
    If I were 135 lbs I would be safer than I am now no matter what I what I was carrying. I stand a better chance of a heart attack than I do a gun fight. Hate to admit which I spend more time and effort focused on.
    Maybe if you were fairly obese but that height and weight is borderline anorexic by body mass index

G43 with a JMCK Wing Claw Long and the JMCK dual pull the dot loops mag carrier. I second the gaining some weight comment. At 5’11” I would think 150 -165 would be your target weight.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 06-18-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Actually, yes it is.

So add foam wedge to tilt the gun towards my body?

I can get all the foam I want along with 3M pressure adhesive so I can make anything.

That may be worth experimenting with by placing the wedge down near the muzzle, but the wedge I’m saying is to rotate the butt in more. I’ll post you a picture later. Basically where the wedge for the George is located, so just throw some foam right over where your right side trigger guard is, just below where your muzzle finger sits on the trigger guard.

I treat this holster like a vanguard. It doesn’t get re holstered while its in the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    That may be worth experimenting with by placing the wedge down near the muzzle, but the wedge I’m saying is to rotate the butt in more. I’ll post you a picture later. Basically where the wedge for the George is located, so just throw some foam right over where your right side trigger guard is, just below where your muzzle finger sits on the trigger guard.

I treat this holster like a vanguard. It doesn’t get re holstered while its in the belt.
    I treat that holster the same way. I NEVER reholster, I always take it off and put it back on.

Please post a pic, that will give me something to work with.

I am a visual learner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    G43 with a JMCK Wing Claw Long and the JMCK dual pull the dot loops mag carrier. I second the gaining some weight comment. At 5’11” I would think 150 -165 would be your target weight.
    I am actually working on that.

My ideal weight is between around 145-150'ish.

That is what I weighed when I worked out for 2 hours every day after work.

That was right out of college and not married and providing food for myself. Versus working a stressful job and married to a very good cook with a super fast metabolism.

I don't know that I will get back to my 25 year old self but I do/want need to put on some muscle.

I am borderline being underweight but I only eat healthy now.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Another vote for a purpose built AIWB holster. The plain jane IWB (even straight drop) holsters do not translate well to AIWB and maximum concealment.
    This is really true. AIWB requires an AIWB specific holster.

As of this moment there is a JMCK holster for sale in the Classified: here. This one is for a Glock 17, which might actually work better.
    David S.

User Tag List