Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping up with round count

I write it down on a piece of paper. I have a notebook that I log range trips, round counts etc. I don’t own a computer with excel or I would probably go that route. Actually, I don’t even own a computer. Just a phone and a tablet. If I knew of an app I would be all over it.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I use a phone app called Gun Log.

It tracks practice sessions, guns, accessories and ammo.

When you log a session, it automatically deducts the ammo fired from your inventory.

It also tracks the round count per gun.

I've used it for about 7 months now, I like it.

I write the drill down on the target and photograph it before taping. That works really well on standardized drills.

Honestly I just go through and add up the round count from my PF TJ.
    Ignore Alien Orders

If curious, and I really am not, I just check my order history at SGammo. In 2017, I bought 63,000 rounds, although that is two shooters, and I am not much of a hoarder.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I keep a running journal for each firearm in Evernote on my iPhone. I like how spreadsheets will total everything up for me but the OCD side of me hates keeping notes in Excel because all the columns and rows end up being different sizes. Evernote is simple and works well on my phone. The title for each entry is rounds fired/total for the firearm/ total failures. I borrowed that format from Mr. Green. I keep notes on paper at the range and transfer the when I get home or have some free time.

Yes. An index card for each gun, as some get run more than others. Good old fashioned pen and paper.

Shoot, clean, add ronud count. I too keep track on parts replacement intervals on these.

User Tag List