Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Fave

My New Fave

I recently switched out a few of my workhorse revolver stocks for Hogue Monogrip, "Without Finger Grooves." I've never had the best of luck with Hogue grips (nylon and rubber) WITH finger grooves, as they didn't fit my hands well. This new variant, sans fingergrooves, is great. Very easy to handle and manipulate. The rubber is also less tacky than other Hogue products, and on the M69, a short amount of carry has knocked the sheen and tackiness of it down even further, without a perceptible loss of material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Any particular reason you stayed with Hogue? I have hyperhidrosis, and Hogue grips seem to somehow be tacky without increasing actual traction.

(There's probably a "phrasing" joke in there somewhere, but it's been a long day.)
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I've been thinking about getting a couple of those too. I've whittled down the finger groove sets before for a better fit

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Any particular reason you stayed with Hogue? I have hyperhidrosis, and Hogue grips seem to somehow be tacky without increasing actual traction.

(There's probably a "phrasing" joke in there somewhere, but it's been a long day.)
    I had the Lett Compacts on the WC GP100, and while they were good for a pure concealment piece, I wanted something with a bit more substantial surface area. Of course, it came with the OEM rubber grips, but I didn't love those either. I DO like the GP100 Match Champions, and it seems as though these are quite similar, only they're made of rubber (instead of Goncalo Alves).

I don't have hyperhidrosis, but I DO get sweaty Eddie in the summers here, when I'm training outside, or lurking. I try and stay in and around the AC when it's hot, and these grips (on the 69) seem to do good in that environment. I have just the opposite...being a surgeon and compulsively washing my hands, they're a dry, cracky mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a couple of those too. I've whittled down the finger groove sets before for a better fit
    I've done that too, with mixed results. I did a nylon set for a Redhawk because they were HUGE, even for me, and they were oddly thin in places I'd suspect they'd be more substantial.

Hogue makes good products, that probably fit 98% of the gun owning population to their satisfaction, without really knowing what fitting revolver stocks to the user is really all about. Weirdos like us that make a lifestyle out of this, get the subtleties and nuances that the other 647 die hard wheelgunners in the defensive community and practical shooting community want...but alas, we are the passionate few. So, somehow by luck, this set of stocks really seems to hit the mark. So much so, that I've thought about having a couple of my square butt K's and L's, cut to RB's, to retrofit these stocks. I like them THAT much.

Before these, I was a hoarder of Old Skool Pachmayrs and Rogers/Safariland grips...but as the luck of the draw would have it, not all of the old stuff works on the new stuff, and vice versa.

Site Supporter
    I checked hogue's website and I couldn't find these grips for SB k frames. If they don't make them for SB they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I checked hogue's website and I couldn't find these grips for SB k frames. If they don't make them for SB they need to.
    Agreed. Hence my comment above yours.

Just ordered a pair 2 days ago and looking forward to getting them.

Have hogue bantams on my model 10, which I think filled out my main hand grip better than the pachmayr compac pros i had. My hands are weird though, skinny-ish fingers with wide palms so the finger groove match was terrible. Tried to grind them down a bit but they're still present enough to be annoying cause consistency issues. Think this version with a bit of extra room for support hand contact will be perfect.

For my Smiths I took a Dremel to a set of Houge monogrips. I undercut the area behind the trigger guard and took off the finger grooves to get a little higher on the grip.I would have started with grooveless if I had known about them.

The Ruger grips are 80010's. Love them on my Alaskan.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List