Thread: martin_j001 reloading

martin_j001 reloading

I had overlooked this section previously.

Reloading press used (list modifications if relevant)installed: Dillon 650, ceramic ball bearing/spring for smoother shell plate stops, ebay live primer chute catch can, and spent primer catch can
    Caliber: 9mm
    Bullet (Weight, Coating, Profile, Manufacturer): The Blue Bullets 125gr RN
    Powder manufacturer, type and charge; volume, type (ball, stick, flake): was at 3.7-3.8gr, bumped up to 3.8-3.9gr just recently
    Dies used: Dillon
    Primers used: Winchester
    Cartridge Overall Length (COAL): ~1.125
    Chronograph data (if possible): chrono'd the 3.7-3.8gr load recently, and came out to a 132 power factor, with a standard deviation around 15fps for 10 rounds (so ~1060fps)
    Goals intended with this load: This is my do everything load...I shoot it in matches, shoot it for practice/training, and use it in classes as well. While I could shoot "bunny farts" for competition and practice, I'd prefer the recoil impulse to feel not that extremely different from my carry ammo, which is currently 147gr HST or 124gr HST.
    Results - accuracy, smokiness, clean burning, flash, temperature, smell, brass deformation, etc.: Seems accurate, at least as much as I can expect in my hands. A little smoky at times, can definitely smell it at times. Don't see any brass deformation.
    Problems encountered and fixes applied: Early on when starting to load with Blue Bullets I did see some leading, but found it was 100% due to my own fault and crimping a touch too tight.
    Anything of interest: Hope to chrono the 3.8-3.9gr soon, and will continue to run some more of it in practice to check for possible issues.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 06-18-2018 at 04:58 AM.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Site Supporter
    What powder are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    What powder are you using?
    There I go leaving something important out. Doh! Using Titegroup currently. I have some HP238 that I experimented with a while back, but it seemed smokier to me, maybe a little dirtier overall.

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    I had overlooked this section previously.

Reloading press used (list modifications if relevant)installed: Dillon 650, ceramic ball bearing/spring for smoother shell plate stops, ebay live primer chute catch can, and spent primer catch can
    Caliber: 9mm
    Bullet (Weight, Coating, Profile, Manufacturer): The Blue Bullets 125gr RN
    Powder manufacturer, type and charge; volume, type (ball, stick, flake): Titegroup, was at 3.7-3.8gr, bumped up to 3.8-3.9gr just recently
    Dies used: Dillon
    Primers used: Winchester
    Cartridge Overall Length (COAL): ~1.125
    Chronograph data (if possible): chrono'd the 3.7-3.8gr load recently, and came out to a 132 power factor, with a standard deviation around 15fps for 10 rounds (so ~1060fps)
    Goals intended with this load: This is my do everything load...I shoot it in matches, shoot it for practice/training, and use it in classes as well. While I could shoot "bunny farts" for competition and practice, I'd prefer the recoil impulse to feel not that extremely different from my carry ammo, which is currently 147gr HST or 124gr HST.
    Results - accuracy, smokiness, clean burning, flash, temperature, smell, brass deformation, etc.: Seems accurate, at least as much as I can expect in my hands. A little smoky at times, can definitely smell it at times. Don't see any brass deformation.
    Problems encountered and fixes applied: Early on when starting to load with Blue Bullets I did see some leading, but found it was 100% due to my own fault and crimping a touch too tight.
    Anything of interest: Hope to chrono the 3.8-3.9gr soon, and will continue to run some more of it in practice to check for possible issues.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

User Tag List