Thread: Phlster Classic

Phlster Classic

Anyone have one? any feedback?

Thinking about picking one up for my new 19x

Thanks
    Amurr

I have one. I like the company (Jon) and he was very responsive to initial and after-the-sale questions. However, the single clip design is a no-go for me. The grip wants to fall down towards the belt line no matter how tight I set the belt or canted the soft loop. The "tuck strut" isn't as effective as a claw or modwing for rotating the grip inward. Some people like ability to have the gun move on the belt cant-wise but I don't.

On the plus side, I like the "Teardrop" wedge being built into the holster body. It doesn't get "grippy" like my Eidolon wedge in the heat and the teardrop lasts forever and doesn't have to be replaced over time like any of the foam / velcro wedges. I use the Classic whenever I know things are going to get really sweaty like hard walks in the heat. I wear a belt over a wife-beater under my outer t-shirt with the Classic on the belt. I usually carry my G26 in those situations.

That said, I'm happy with my JMCK AIWB 2.0 for routine EDC and can carry my 17, 19 (gen5), and 26 in it. I also still like my Eidolon but had to do surgery on it to make it Gen5 compatible. I think the real question is what you think about a single loop versus double loop.

Thanks for the feedback Larry. Much appreciated I have never used a single side clip. I have used dual clips and the large single clip. I find the dual clips conceal great but can be slightly less comfortable.

I have one, I dig it. I actually sent him material to make me one in my green. I could personally do without the teardrop muzzle wedge but it's fine. Jon's a good friend and I don't think you'd have much issue with the holster at all. One thing that allows it to work better as a single loop is the TuckStrut. It's a little grippy and I've not found it to move around much at all. If that was the holster you wanted I also feel that you could add some female velcro for traction to cut down on movement if it moved for you. Movement is something that may vary greatly from user to user.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurr View Post
    Anyone have one? any feedback?

Thinking about picking one up for my new 19x

Thanks
    Amurr
    Pics too.

User Tag List