Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starline brass Dillon 650 giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    No press? The hell Tom do you even operate bro.
    I suspect him of being a #PoorFag
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    A 650 would be way faster than my T7...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I suspect him of being a #PoorFag
    I'm a poorfag and I have one. That's a new tier of poorfag.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'm a poorfag and I have one. That's a new tier of poorfag.
    #TierOnePoorFag
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A 650 would be way faster than my T7...
    How do you like your T7?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How do you like your T7?
    Very much. It works smoothly, has plenty of leverage, and I got it way cheap at an estate sale. I’ve never loaded on a progressive, and this was the first turret I ever used. 7 stations gives a lot of flexibility: you can use it like a single stage that you don’t have to change dies on, or a manual progressive-ish for two 3-die pistol calibers with an empty station between, or 3 rifle, or what I do, which is two pistol calibers facing opposite directions, and the 7th station is the FCD station - I just pull the FCD when I’m done, and put it away with the shell holder so I don’t screw up the next time I’m loading and try to crimp a .38 with a 9mm FCD. (That doesn’t work, BTW)

When I’m loading rifle, I just use that single empty station like a single stage. I only load hunting/long range ammo for rifle, so single stage doesn’t bother me because of the low volume I produce. If I were loading 5.56 bulk, it would be too slow.

I actually haven’t loaded much in the past 1.5 years due to grad school. I haven’t loaded *any* 9mm - just been buying it in case quantities b/c time. I loaded some .38s last week, and it was nice to get back to it. Hope to load some more before my second summer class starts. And get my fall hunting rifle ammo loaded so I don’t have to think about it during the semester.

I would probably load more quantity if I had a progressive.
    Last edited by Duelist; 06-19-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Entered, and if I win I'll send Tom a 550. A 650 is much too complicated to start with, but a 550 is a perfect beginner's press.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

RE swords, Ive discovered that doing sword or saber practice in the house can be hazardous, hence the true need for a Cold Steel Cutlass for a more manageable size to practice drills with.

Trying to just make links rather than vids.

BTW, I quite understand the interest in single action revolvers, both cartridge and black powder. Have you messed with the open top Colt cartridge conversion type guns any?
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-19-2018 at 07:51 PM.

If you can lay hands on copies of the books Firearms of the American West, Vol 1 and 2, by Garavaglia and Worman, they have some pretty interesting information of historical use and writings of all manner of arms. My local library has them, I borrow them for refresher reading now and then. Reading about some things can be a great part of the enjoyment of their history and importance in the greater scheme of things. Helps make them come alive a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It's on the list. I'll get to it eventually.

Right now I'm getting sort of ghey for swords and single action (and black powder!) revolvers -- thanks to assorted PF members..
    Cap and ball saves a lot of time at the loading press.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List