Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilson trigger bar lifespan ?

As a data point, I have installed to Wilson trigger bars a part of LTT TJIBs. Neither bar required any fitting by me.

Site Supporter
    Another data point:I got a Wilson Trigger bar from LTT shortly before I took the Langdon class in April.
    Mine also dropped right in, no fitting required. I was under the impression that the early production Wilson trigger bars required fitting, but more recent ones usually did not. I have easily 2k on this trigger bar and haven’t noticed anything changing (yet).

Wilson modified the triggerbar after it had been out on the market for a bit; too many individuals got a wee bit too aggressive with their files in their attempts to properly adjust to their Berettas, ruining the part.

My understanding is that the contemporary WC Beretta triggerbars are likely in the majority of cases to be a drop-in proposition. I believe the production change was made in January of 2017.

That was the case with mine that I acquired and put in my 92D last year, but then again the 92D is DAO and doesn't have a sear, so even the older WC triggerbar likely would have been a drop-in proposition on a 92D.

My 92D with its WC triggerbar is running superbly, with a magnificent triggerpull; the WC component removed the "hitch" towards the end of the triggerpull caused by wear in the OEM triggerbar.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 06-20-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Les - please overlook my misreading of your post.

Wilson told me today that they were surprised the parts dropped in with no issues.

It was then that your post became clear to me.

Again - my fault.

So that leads us to - if I fit them/have them fit will they still do go soft and wear in 2-3k rounds/dry fire?
    Mine have years of shooting and dry fire on them. I am on my original WC trigger bars. They are not wearing at all...

I'd urge you to send 'em back! Was there an issue with the heat treating, etc?

They should make it right... Also, confirm you bought the right part from them...
    (https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...oductinfo/748/)

Hammertime
    As another data point, I had the exact problem as the OC, a slight hiccup in the DA pull. Inspection showed the Wilson Trigger bar (installed as part of a trigger job by Langdon) had grooves and burrs in it. I was able to easily stone it smooth and the hiccup went away. I have a total of 3000 rounds of live fire on the gun. It remains to be seen if the problem will reoccur.

@Duke have you seen the problem come back after removing burrs?
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 11-15-2018 at 03:37 PM.

First of all, the trigger bar is the weak link in having a good DA trigger on almost any gun. This remains true for the Beretta 92 Series as well. The contact point of the trigger bar that hits the DA hook on the hammer is the culprit of the hickup in the DA pull. The trigger bar snags on a grove that gets beat into that spot by the sear, not by the DA hook on the hammer. This happens to both the factory bar and the Wilson Trigger bar, although the Wilson Trigger bar is much less susceptible to this issue as it is made from a better material, heat treated better and finish better as well. Having a smooth DA hook on the hammer help as does nock the sharp corner off the sear where it contacts the trigger bar.

Yes, you can stone this spot back smooth and it will fix the issue. It may or may not come back depending on several issues including the heat treatment of the trigger bar. I wish I had the magical answer for you guys, and I am working on that for sure, but right now the Wilson Trigger bar is the best answer.

Hope this helps!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The trigger bar snags on a grove that gets beat into that spot by the sear, not by the DA hook on the hammer.
    Great info - I always wondered why the DAO models weren't quite as "wear prone" (It just took a bit longer, honestly, but it still happened after ~ 2 months... )

Been a while and Playing catch up.

I did stone the bar in the rough feeling gun and it helped to a degree but doesn’t feel as it once did.
    Though I’m certainly not qualified to make TJIB parts, the bar engagement surfaces look as smoot as feasible.

That said - the minor amount of stoning with an ultra fine spyderco stone wouldn’t have touched a quality knife edge to any appreciable degree.

Somewhere I thought the Wilson trigger was harder steel than the oem unit.

If that’s true things get weird when you consider the oem 20Lb hammer spring vs the 13lb unit a lot of us are running.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

That said - the minor amount of stoning with an ultra fine spyderco stone wouldn’t have touched a quality knife edge to any appreciable degree.
    That is exactly what I noticed. It took very little effort to remove metal fro the trigger bar.

User Tag List