Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson trigger bar lifespan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    It looks to be as the hammer, trigger bar and hammer strut all align. Is it possible that I’m feeling the hammer strut compress the spring and it’s just now causing the spring to catch slightly?

Hammer struts has a smooth portion rubbed in to them
    Any burrs on the spring or on the hammer spring cap where the spring rotates? Have you tried polishing the bottom of that spring so that it rotates evenly and making sure it's greased or lubricated?

I don't know if this is a common issue but I've seen at least one of the 14# springs that came with the Wilson bar have an inner diameter that is too small for the hammer strut causing a really shitty trigger pull for the trigger weight. The trigger pull was actually better with the 16# Beretta spring. Switching to the 13# Wilson fixed it (for some reason only the 14# had the size issue).

I really doubt that the actual trigger bar is failing at 2k rounds, that seems pretty low. Did you or the previous owner do any other trigger work? Any polishing/cutting of sear or hammer engagement surfaces?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I don't know if this is a common issue but I've seen at least one of the 14# springs that came with the Wilson bar have an inner diameter that is too small for the hammer strut causing a really shitty trigger pull for the trigger weight. The trigger pull was actually better with the 16# Beretta spring. Switching to the 13# Wilson fixed it (for some reason only the 14# had the size issue).

I really doubt that the actual trigger bar is failing at 2k rounds, that seems pretty low. Did you or the previous owner do any other trigger work? Any polishing/cutting of sear or hammer engagement surfaces?
    Negative on the work.

All guns/parts new - I will check the spring diameter though.

Why not contact Wilson directly, and send it to them for examination/replacement?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Any burrs on the spring or on the hammer spring cap where the spring rotates? Have you tried polishing the bottom of that spring so that it rotates evenly and making sure it's greased or lubricated?
    Langdon Tactical polishes the bottom of its hammer springs, perhaps to prevent just such an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Langdon Tactical polishes the bottom of its hammer springs, perhaps to prevent just such an issue.
    Bottom and top of springs are polished.

Reason I’m picking at the trigger bar:

Ernest commented at the class in April that catches in double action are quite often some
    Portion of the trigger bar, and suggested the Wilson bar to smooth out the rough feeling factory set up

Look at the sear and hammer contact area. just a few weeks ago I first noticed that, in DA, the sear is moved by the hammer before the trigger bar comes into play. I have polished that section of the hammer on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    2k is an absurdly short lifespan for a part that is supposed to last longer than the factory part. I'd suspect something else is going on other than the trigger bar, although what exactly, I can't say.
    These are the big questions:
    1.) Are the guns from Wilson?
    2.) Did you, or wilson actually replace with the wilson trigger bar as part of a trigger job?

Wilson doesn't actually put a WC trigger bar into the WC guns. You have to fit it, or send the gun in for a trigger job and ask them to fit it.

Regarding the 2K rounds before they got soft: Yeah. That's a bit below my average experience, but not out of the norm... I'd wear grooves in the stock bar after ~2 weeks of dry fire when I was doing that for ~hour ever night.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    These are the big questions:
    1.) Are the guns from Wilson?
    2.) Did you, or wilson actually replace with the wilson trigger bar as part of a trigger job?

Wilson doesn't actually put a WC trigger bar into the WC guns. You have to fit it, or send the gun in for a trigger job and ask them to fit it.

Regarding the 2K rounds before they got soft: Yeah. That's a bit below my average experience, but not out of the norm... I'd wear grooves in the stock bar after ~2 weeks of dry fire when I was doing that for ~hour ever night.
    The Guns in question are Brig tacs - both of these purchased new from Wilson

The trigger bars - also purchased new from Wilson

Dropped in by me. No fitting. None needed - full function in Da/SA with reduced over travel from day one.

I want to love these guns for the long run. If this part is known to wear that quickly, my enthusiasm will be heavily dampened
    Last edited by Duke; 06-19-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Les - please overlook my misreading of your post.

Wilson told me today that they were surprised the parts dropped in with no issues.

It was then that your post became clear to me.

Again - my fault.

So that leads us to - if I fit them/have them fit will they still do go soft and wear in 2-3k rounds/dry fire?

User Tag List