Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food intolerance/allergies

Site Supporter

Food intolerance/allergies

Are there any foods that you cannot eat because of the side effects of eating them?

I love onions but everytime I eat them I get headaches , and sometimes I feel nauseous and bloated. The other day I ate way too much onion and it even made me feel disoriented.

Onions are the only food I knowfor sure that makes me feel bad, and it was only in the last 5-7 years that this issue developed.

I’m 100% lactose intolerant.

As my fitness progressed I was constantly looking for better, larger sources of clean proteins.

Organic Plain Greek yoghurt seemed a good fit. Until I realized the explosive effect it was having on my gut bacteria, etc.

Dairy free for right at a year now. Stronger, faster, leaner. I’m not a “substitute” type of guy either.

I find no benefit in milk-ish things like almond milk/coco nut milk/ lactose free...just roll without and move on.

To that end if you’re trying (failing) to pull out of a poor nurtition rut - I recommend just cutting out the trouble source all together.

Monosodium Glutemate (MSG) for me- it triggers IBS type D with cramps.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Got the IBS, so wheat, dairy, onion, garlic, apple, stone fruit, beans, and other things in various amounted. Been on a low FODMAP diet the last 3 months and it is working out well. It is all about the malabsorption of certain sugars.

Getting old is not for the weak.

Site Supporter
    I had a couple food allergies growing up but grew out of them. Chocolate, milk, and a few others (most of my allergies are environmental though), but I had it easy compared to my brother.

The last couple years I started making a lot of diet changes and cut out most of the high sugar/processed foods (energy drinks, Taco Bell, doughnuts, sodas, juice, cookies, candy, most bread, etc.). Only then did I realize that all the sugar in my diet was actually making me an irritable bastard often. The only other one is if I drink a lot of milk then things start rumbling down under . . . and a gas mask might be required in the office.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Vegan food makes me depressed

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Poblano peppers give me heartburn that makes me crave the sweet release of death. Odd in that other spicier peppers and foods do not and I don't normally get heartburn.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Banana,avocado and cantaloupe all make my throat itch horribly, swell slightly and my inner ear itch and swell enough to affect m balance

Site Supporter
    Yellow mustard makes me feel bad. When my allergist told me this it was like a lightbulb went off. I would feel bad after eating a local hotdog place and Krystal's etc. I thought I felt bad because I was consuming crap. I found once I omitted the mustard I didn't feel great but I didn't feel like death either. This is difficult to avoid in many sauces. Yesterday we were at a bbq joint and I was talking to the waitress about sauce and mustard. I ordered Mac and cheese as a side and she came back and told me they but mustard in their Mac. WTH who puts mustard in Mac and why?

Site Supporter
    Goddamn parsnips. My kid was doing some volunteer work on a farm and cutting down overgrown parsnip plants. It turns out that a significant part of the population is wildly sensitive to the juice from the plants. She is. Got something like 2nd degree chemical burns on arms, back and face.

User Tag List