Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure Washers ?

When I was living up North in the rust-belt had an electric Karcher that served me well, it was a little clumsy and could easily get knocked over. For getting salt/cinder out of your vehicle wheel wells, cleaning vinyl siding on the house and pre-washing black top driveway i would give it 4 out of 5 stars. After being knocked over one to many times the washer fluid would never stop running, easy fix just pulled the feed-line out of the tank unless it was needed. It died after 5 years of use, I did get my money's worth from it, come to think of it so did my neighbor. Moving to JaJaw changed all that. Everyone in the neighborhood used gas powered washers or their maintenance people did. I learned quickly the old Tim Taylor Tool Time line "more power" was needed to wash away driveway and brick house stains. Went with Yamaha, 3 years no complaints. Attachment 27205Attachment 27206
    Last edited by SD; 06-17-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I just purchased a Ryboi 2000 at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago for $179.00. It's my first pressure washer and I did much as you are doing, I started a thread on a regional gun forum for suggestions and experiences.

My perceived use is for washing decks and siding, & occasionally the cars. I finally got to use it this past week and it works great, for my needs. Very easy to set up and use, and stores in a fairly compact manner.

https://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-RY14190.../dp/B01I47JVWS

I've rented or borrowed gas powered units before in the same psi range. I went with the electric for easier upkeep and storage, at least they are so imho.

Looking at Home Depot's website this morning it's possible the 2300 has supplanted the 2000? IDK...
    My understanding is the 2300 replaced the 2000.

I’m looking at electric for the same reason you did - easier upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    How many square feet of whatever are you washing, how often?

I do a lot and am sort-of wishing I’d gone to the 4000 psi ‘pro’ grade units.
    You mean, like the 1050 of pressure washers?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You mean, like the 1050 of pressure washers?
    I bought a 3100 psi (from memory) Honda unit. Buddy told me about hsi commercial 4000psi unit with the large circular washing disc thing.

Now I have some regrets, kind of like running a manual 650 to reload.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    Different diameter garden hoses are available, and the largest will supply a greater volume of water to the machine. For convenience, I created two extra "faucets" off of my sprinkler system by tapping into peripheral lines. Shorter and larger diameter hoses may permit a washer to perform better if low water pressure is an issue. I urge caution about allowing kids to use the pressure washer as a squirt gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Different diameter garden hoses are available, and the largest will supply a greater volume of water to the machine. For convenience, I created two extra "faucets" off of my sprinkler system by tapping into peripheral lines. Shorter and larger diameter hoses may permit a washer to perform better if low water pressure is an issue. I urge caution about allowing kids to use the pressure washer as a squirt gun.
    Consumer reports has a video where they cut a carrot with the water jet from a pressure washer with a zero degree tip. Definitely not a toy. Good to know on hose diameter.

I have a 2000 psi Generac that I picked up off the refurb rack at Home Depot 20 years ago. There are times I use it more than others but it has served me well. The only thing I have done to it is change the oil every 5 years or so.

If you're in a climate that gets cold in the winter, remember to store it some place that stays warm, or make sure you have all the water out of the pump and hose before putting it away or it will freeze and crack things. My garage is somewhat heated and I store it there.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Bumping an old thread here; just wanted to see if anyone had updated information/experiences over the past few years. I'm looking to purchase a pressure washer for occasional household use - mostly patio, sidewalk, and driveway - and am waffling on gas vs electric, what PSI and GPM I need, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Bumping an old thread here; just wanted to see if anyone had updated information/experiences over the past few years. I'm looking to purchase a pressure washer for occasional household use - mostly patio, sidewalk, and driveway - and am waffling on gas vs electric, what PSI and GPM I need, etc.
    Before you make the jump on deciding on a rig, you would be wise to investigate "Softwashing" which involves spraying a bleach solution on the things to be cleaned and then using a pressure washer to (re)move the solution and grime from the surface. Way less aggressive and less drama than simply blasting everything with all the PSI. Anecdote: I had some kind of brown mold on my vinyl siding that my pressure washer simply would not touch - not even with a pencil tip right up on the mold. Hit it with the bleach solution (pool shock - sodium hyrdochlorate (or something)) and the brown mold just melted off after several minutes. Quite impressive. Wear old clothes when applying the bleach solution. (I used a pump up sprayer intended for agriculture to apply.) All that to say, if you go the soft wash route, you may be able to get away with some mega pressure washer; depending on the application, an electric one might even do the job.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I have this one at my shop and it works great. It gets used 2 to 3 times a week and has been going solid for over a year. I've used it at home to do the sidewalks and stonework. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-...her/1000328525
    4 years later and this thing is still going. It just won't die and I'm too cheap to replace it while it's still working. I do my sidewalks and patio several times a year, the whole house and my shop every spring, and we haul it to the church and do the building and sidewalks/ramps every spring.

User Tag List