Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case Lube Stickiness - my weekly question, I guess...

I strongly recommend either Royal Case Lube or rolling your own Dillon lube with lanolin and ispropyl alcohol.

Alternatively, you could also just wet tumble using Armorall WashNWax (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....S-pins-results). You get clean brass that is slightly slick.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-17-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I strongly recommend either Royal Case Lube or rolling your own Dillon lube with lanolin and ispropyl alcohol.

Alternatively, you could also just wet tumble using Armorall WashNWax (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....S-pins-results). You get clean brass that is slightly slick.
    That’s a great thread. I’ve already started to think about switching to wet tumbling. I need to stock up on the three essentials- powder, bullets and primers- then hit the wet tumbler. Went with the Hundo case gauge for my Fathers Day gift!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    I suggest that you avoid lubing cases run through carbide dies unless the very smallest amount is used. And then, it should be no than a thin film. In this instance, applying spay lube to a towel and then rolling cases around on it woud be one way. Another tactic is having a small amount on the fingers. It will transfer to cases. If you lube cases with a thick lube and run them through a carbide die, you'll see that the lube will dent or crease cases. The carbide insert pushes the lube into the case. But you can get by nicely and avoid lube altogether when using carbide dies.

Ive gone back and forth as far as using it, not using it etc for pistol brass. It does make the press a bit smoother but there are negatives to it. As mentioned powder sticks to it and then it all needs to be cleaned back off after the round is completed which is a pain.

Currently Im back to not using it but something I thought I'd try in the next week is to get another toolhead for my 650 and lube the dirty brass, throw all in the case feeder. Then just crank through the rounds with only the sizing and depriming die set up; before cleaning in the sonic for a 20 minutes. Then the prepped and cleaned brass can be processed without any problems or any case lube mess.

I'm going to lay some cards on the table here... Please don't hate me...

When I was shooting at the indoor range, I didn't even bother tumbling practice brass before loading. I'd just shake it out, inspect for berdan/plugged holes, then spray it down with lube and get to loading. I waited about ~30 seconds before chucking the first batch into the collator. I don't understand what all the fascination is with shiny/clean brass.

Hornady OneShot case lube is life when you've got automation... It is inert, doesn't really stick to powders, ensures that things move smoothly through the dies.

(Also Hornady OneShot dry lube and cleaner is amazing - you can see it on the bench)

http://instagram.com/p/Bj7XWBbnDZ0/
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 07-26-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Same here. Indoor pickup brass is GTG. I've even reloaded uncleaned precision rifle brass in .308 and .260 to the shock and horror of my OCD friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I'm going to lay some cards on the table here... Please don't hate me...

When I was shooting at the indoor range, I didn't even bother tumbling practice brass before loading. I'd just shake it out, inspect for berdan/plugged holes, then spray it down with lube and get to loading. I waited about ~30 seconds before chucking the first batch into the collator. I don't understand what all the fascination is with shiny/clean brass.

Hornady OneShot case lube is life when you've got automation... It is inert, doesn't really stick to powders, ensures that things move smoothly through the dies.

(Also Hornady OneShot dry lube and cleaner is amazing - you can see it on the bench)

http://instagram.com/p/Bj7XWBbnDZ0/
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Same here. Indoor pickup brass is GTG. I've even reloaded uncleaned precision rifle brass in .308 and .260 to the shock and horror of my OCD friends.
    It is a time saver when you're doing 2000K weeks prepping for matches, etc.

Outdoor pickup or unknown origin, I prefer to just tumble in some crushed walnut... We're going for "not damage the press" as opposed to "shiny & like new"...

User Tag List