Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Costa’s “working man’s gun”

Where does this hypothetical man work that he can drop $1500 on a Glock?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Costa is to Glock what Jimmy Choo is to shoes. If someone wants to indulge in $100k pickup trucks, $200 sunglasses, $1000 shoes,or $1500 Glock pistols more power to them.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"A foole and his monie be soone at debate, which after with sorrow repents him too late." Thomas Tusser (1557)
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    In the modern age of credit cards, almost anyone CAN... It's just a poor idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    "A foole and his monie be soone at debate, which after with sorrow repents him too late." Thomas Tusser (1557)
    Why would a $1500 Glock necessarily be foolish?

I wouldn’t spend that kind of money on a pistol, but that’s just me. Someone wants to indulge in a designer label pistol , what’s the harm? If we take the “frugality drives the gear train” approach,then we all may as well call this place SD9-forum.com and have done with it.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Vending Machine Operator
    I don't think you'll find many people here making jokes about a $3,000 Wilson Combat, because you're actually getting tangible benefits for your money. These modded Glocks provide little to no performance gain and often provide pure cosmetics that can even harm practical performance gain. It's money down a hole.

People absolutely have the right to spend it, but it's still reasonable to tease them.

Fun side-fact, I dated a girl related to Chris Costa. No fun epilogues to the story, just a fact.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Does is come with a free action figure?
    C'mon man that action figure is bogus. We all know the Coast Guard doesn't wear mutlicam. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Costa is to Glock what Jimmy Choo is to shoes. If someone wants to indulge in $100k pickup trucks, $200 sunglasses, $1000 shoes,or $1500 Glock pistols more power to them.
    No arguments here. I'm just saying it's not "working man" is all.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 06-15-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

What is it with people adding holes to their slides? I’ll never get that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    What is it with people adding holes to their slides? I’ll never get that shit.
    I think the argument is reducing slide mass so as the slide reciprocates it doesn't disturb sight picture as much allowing for faster recovery for the next shot. I just see it as an ingress point for crud.

User Tag List