Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta APX Compact and Centurion

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Beretta is slow. I think that's their biggest flaw. Slow to react to the market and slow to make necessary changes. But, as the maturation of the PX4 and 92 platforms shows, they don't switch models every 2-3 years and over time their platforms become very refined. I have not purchased an APX yet, but I am following the updates and new releases with a lot of excitement.
    They seem to be releasing things with a pretty regular consistency with the APX (they now have a very nice spare parts website for the APX, for instance), so maybe they're switching things up. However, given what Ernest Langdon has said about his experiences with their emphasis on consistent quality and durability during testing, and comparing/contrasting that with things like the Sig/Remington style approaches to quality control and product releases, I'm currently at a place where I'm happy to have Beretta be slow and methodical in their approach, since I don't want them to start rushing things into production only to have the sorts of engineering issues that some companies who have done that have had.

Updates on the guns themselves: My APX RDO is at 740 rounds and my Centurion is dawdling along at 345. I have fired exactly zero rounds out of the Compact, but I’m really liking the Centurion.

A couple of interesting notes: neither of the two guns likes Hornady Steel Match or Winchester USA Forged ammo. They’re fine with Russkie manufacturered steel stuff like Tula, Wolf, and Silver Bear, but Hornady Steel Match and Winchester Forged give me consistent failures to extract.

So I just quit using them in those guns.

@caleb

Any updates to your APX experience? Got my mitts on the compact and Centurion models at the local Cabelas tonight. Really liked the grip size/texture. Sadly, they have those stupid locks on them and didn’t get to try the trigger. A RDO Centurion would be pretty cool.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

In fact there is - here’s my review of the APX Centurion! Currently full size APX frame is off at Boresight getting stippled, but I’ll have it back shortly. I don’t know how much I’m going to shoot the Compact because it’s the same as the Centurion with a slightly shorter grip.

Beretta APX compact with full size barrel install

I know this is an oddball question but im from canada so enough said as our gun laws dont make sence.

I want an apx compact but in order for it to be legal here it needs the barrel from the apx full size to be installed before it can be approved. According to specs the full size barrel will be .55” past the end of the slide if the compact. Minimal.

Bassiclly what im trying to do is similar to what needs to be done with a glock 26/27 for it to be legal up here.

Has anyone tried this with the apx? Does anyone know if this would work?

My question is this. Does anyone have both the apx compact and a full size pistol in their possession that would be willing to install the full size barrel into their compact pistol and do a function check? Just curious to see if it would work. Beretta said it should and all my reaserch so far indicates it would work just fine but just want to be sure before i pull the trigger and drop the visa.

Thanks in advance for anyones info.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  38.0 KB

Compact with full size barrel. It passes a dry fire function check and appears to work just fine. I have not fired it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  38.0 KB

Compact with full size barrel. It passes a dry fire function check and appears to work just fine. I have not fired it.
    Thank you very much sir! U da man!

Would you be willing to try a few shots with that setup and report back?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_la View Post
    Thank you very much sir! U da man!

Would you be willing to try a few shots with that setup and report back?

Thanks in advance.
    Sure, just understand that will be pretty low on my to-do list of work related shooting tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Sure, just understand that will be pretty low on my to-do list of work related shooting tasks.
    Thank you sir. No rush. Much appriciated. Look foreward to hearing your review of the results!

User Tag List