Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX Compact and Centurion

Beretta APX Compact and Centurion

So, the APX Compact has been out for a little bit and the Centurion is beginning to show up. Has no one here given them a run through?

Quote Originally Posted by arcfide View Post
    So, the APX Compact has been out for a little bit and the Centurion is beginning to show up. Has no one here given them a run through?
    I have both of them, actually. I’m taking the full-size RDO to Scott’s class tomorrow, then I’m going to be spending some time with the Centurion in advance of IDPA Nats in September.

I was excited for them and then I started hearing about issues with the full size and just lost interest. Sort of like the p10. A lot of hype and then just fell flat.

I’ve yet to see either around here. My local shop sat on the a full size too long, so they’re not interested in getting any APXs.

I like the full size a lot, but I’m trying to lay off the plastic for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I was excited for them and then I started hearing about issues with the full size and just lost interest. Sort of like the p10. A lot of hype and then just fell flat.
    I haven't heard of any widespread issues like seemed to happen with the P10, I'd love to know what you've been hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by arcfide View Post
    I haven't heard of any widespread issues like seemed to happen with the P10, I'd love to know what you've been hearing.
    A number of kabooms have been reported and attributed to poor chamber support by some, bad ammo by others. I’m not sure if there are enough data points to draw a conclusion.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....my-Beretta-APX!
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-17-2018 at 12:03 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I just got done running the full-size red dot model through Modern Samurai Project’s red dot class, and it ran just fine with Nato ammo and Hornady Steel Match. I get that 575 rounds isn’t a lot, but I was pretty pleased with it. I’m sort of bummed that I have to switch over to the Centurion now because I was getting to like the full size a lot.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have a lot of faith in Beretta's quality control and design processes, more than CZ's certainly. I am giving the APX my new standard (after the P320) 2-year waiting period, but scattered issue reports won't give me trouble on a Beretta.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

What's the most small hand friendly pistol in the Beretta full size line-up, APX, PX4, 92/Vertec?

caleb, since you teach the M9 (correct?) is that fairly workable for the small handed troops you teach?

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    What's the most small hand friendly pistol in the Beretta full size line-up, APX, PX4, 92/Vertec?

caleb, since you teach the M9 (correct?) is that fairly workable for the small handed troops you teach?
    The M9 grip size can be overcome via technique for all but truly midget handed shooters. However, of the Berettas I’ve shot, the APX has the best grip for people with very little hands. I had to put the large backstraps on mine just to give it enough gripping area to be mildly acceptable.

User Tag List