Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 273: Dot Torture

Week 273: Dot Torture

Results may be posted until July 15th, 2018.

Designed by: David Blinder
    Range: 3 yards, or shooter's choice
    Target: Ten 2" circles - download here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...ure-target.pdf
    Start position: Varies, see below
    Rounds fired: 50

The basic distance intended for this drill is 3 yards. You may choose another distance if you want. All 50 hits are required to pass. There is no time limit - this is a primarily a marksmanship drill.

Dot 1: Draw and fire one string of 5 rounds for best group. One hole if possible, total 5 rounds.

Dot 2: Draw and fire 1 shot, holster and repeat x 4, total 5 rounds.

Dots 3 and 4: Draw and fire 1 shot on #3, then 1 shot on #4, holster and repeat x 3, total 8 rounds.

Dot 5: Draw and fire string of 5 rounds, strong hand only, total 5 rounds.

Dots 6 and 7: Draw and fire 2 shots on #6, then 2 on #7, holster, repeat x 4, total 16 rounds.

Dot 8: From ready, fire five shots, weak hand only, total 5 rounds.

Dots 9 and 10: Draw and fire 1 shot on #9, speed reload, fire 1 shot on #10, repeat x 3, total 6 rounds.

Total your hits to determine your final score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Gun and holster used
    Distance
    Total score
    Pass or fail
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

impressed

My son introduced this drill to me today, looking forward to incorporating to my regular range visits.

I’ve been clearing 3 yards so have moved to 5 yards. Definitely need some work, this is my second 5 yard attempt ever.
    PX4CC with JMCK 2.5 AIWB
    5 yards
    29/50
    Major fail
    Noticed that 5 yards is a step up from 3 yards. Need to continue my work.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  44.4 KB
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

G19-5 in a DSG Orion concealed AIWB
    5y
    39/50
    Fail
    This started out poorly and only went down hill from there. I missed several of the “gimme” ones, one on Dot 1 and one in Dot 2. I missed 3/5 on Dot 8 and two on Dot 6 with a few other missed thrown in. I haven’t done much “perfectly executed, taking all the time I need to get everything right” stuff recently outside of periodic 25y B8 accuracy. I rushed through a lot of this drill and it showed.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

M&p 2.0c
    DSG aiwb
    4 yards

47/50

Name:  20180616_155326.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  31.7 KB

I did fine right up until the sho portion(per usual) and dropped two. Then went on to clean the who portion which is unusual. I've been putting in more sho/who work and hopefully i start seeing gains there. I anticipated and snatched the trigger on both of the sho misses. I finished with a miss coming off the reload on the final run where eye sprinting creeped in and i stopped the gun before breaking the shot, a terrible habit I'm working on breaking.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

G19.4 concealed from JMCK IWB @3:30. 3yds - 45/50 - Fail

I really need to learn to how SLOW DOWN when I don’t have to move fast or shoot fast. I’ll shoot this again my next time out. I REALLY need to clean this finally.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Glock 43 at 3 yds 50/50
    Name:  33DCBDDA-C181-4598-B20A-7F8492113095.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  47.5 KB

I have not shot this in a long time and was quite shocked I passed it. I think it’s all the time I’ve been spending on a j frame.

Then shot it with the 43 at 4 Yards 47/50 Name:  3A3A1EFB-0C3C-4F72-8B7A-D6346F39A5DE.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  35.6 KB

I missed the very last shot and had a couple that missed by a fraction of a inch.

Shot it with a stock 19 at 4 yds and cleaned it Name:  7FA90D52-F3B8-40AD-8765-1B2BE8C90EBB.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  47.1 KB

That’s a new personal best for me. The single hand stuff is the hardest for me, particularly the weak hand only portion. I’m not sure what I did different this time but the trigger break surprised me which led to accurate shots.

These were shot last weekend so they probably don’t count.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

For comparisons sake- WC CenTac with JMCK 2.5 AIWB.
    42/50. Everything was much better with the CenTac than the PX4CC.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  43.8 KB
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

My friends and I generally shoot this drill weekly. It's kind of become a competition amongst us to to see who shoots it better that particular week, and to help tell us what we should focus on in our practice.

Shot last weekend.
    Boresight G34 w/RMR07
    DSG Rigel from IWB
    3 yards
    47/50
    FAIL

A momentary lapse in concentration on 6 led to a bad miss, and then chasing the dot on the next shot led to another miss. And my first shot WHO got away from me pretty good, probably snatched the trigger.

Last edited by martin_j001; 06-20-2018 at 04:45 AM.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by martin_j001 View Post
    help tell us what we should focus on in our practice.
    How does it do that? 40 rounds of it are basically the same thing.

User Tag List