Thread: Folders in kydex? (knives)

Folders in kydex? (knives)

@darkstargear

Is this possible?
    Looking to carry Clinch Pick style, but cant carry fixed in my State.

For something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There have been several sheaths made to carry an open folder. TPI (Total Protection Interactive) had some threads about this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    There have been several sheaths made to carry an open folder. TPI (Total Protection Interactive) had some threads about this.
    Been doing this for years. Started with the Strider AR/GB's for when a fixed blade is verboten. Those things were invented for folks who need a fixed blade but are not allowed to carry them by policy or legally. Mainly for LEO's and military, which is unbelievably stupid. I also had some sheaths made to carry a Emerson Commander that would wave deploy them from the holster. I carried a custom made sterile Commander in Panama this way and it worked really well. Very much a viable idea.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Yup, easily doable, just need the knife on hand. You do give up a little concealment given the handle:blade ratio being higher on a folder though.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Just make sure it is in fact legal in your state because in some states (like NC unless they changed the law recently ) it was illegal to carry a folder in an open condition. I used to make a sheath for a spyderco delica that I sold a few of but it was really a tiny niche area of interest and essentially a service to students who lived in states that couldn't carry fixed blades.

I've done this for a SMF. And Raven, back when they first started, did some offside carry sheaths for a commander, in the same footprint as their pistol mag pouches

User Tag List