Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The USAF won’t be receiving the M17 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Pilots and rifles: we just brought the Aircrew Self Defense Weapon online, which is an 11-inch breakdown AR that fits under a pilot’s ejection seat.
    That's pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    That's pretty interesting.
    It is very interesting, especially as a feat of engineering. They had to make an AR that would fit in a pretty small spot, so they used a COTS solution for the QD barrel takedown.

Can it be put together, from the break down position needed to fit under the seat, one handed?

It is very interesting, especially as a feat of engineering. They had to make an AR that would fit in a pretty small spot, so they used a COTS solution for the QD barrel takedown.
    More information, please.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

Pilots and rifles: we just brought the Aircrew Self Defense Weapon online, which is an 11-inch breakdown AR that fits under a pilot’s ejection seat.
    Nice!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    As much crap as folks talk about the USAF, they don’t screw around when it comes to handguns and handgun training like the other services do.
    I have the utmost respect for the USAF and all who have served our nation. The AF's advertisements don't inspire confidence in their handgun training.

Sample of 1:

Name:  AFSF_Grip.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  50.7 KB
    Last edited by mark7; 06-15-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    More information, please.
    Here’s what it looks like, the only publicly available pictures so far are from a press briefing that was done back in May-ish

Name:  0F89660C-74E6-4134-AACF-B0D3F377D247.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  14.0 KB

The QD system we bought is the Cry Havoc QRB system, which I don’t know anything about one way or the other. The pistol grip folds up to make it fit, and the rifle comes equipped with iron sights only, because a mounted optic wouldn’t fit in the ejection seat box.

Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    I have the utmost respect for the USAF and all who have served our nation. The AF's advertisements don't inspire confidence in their handgun training.

Sample of 1:

Name:  AFSF_Grip.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  50.7 KB
    Real talk: cops are actually the hardest to teach, as you might imagine, because they think they know what’s up a lot of the time. And since all Combat Arms Instructors like me are also cops, there’s almost a little rivalry between us and the straightlegs.

Hammertime
    Here’s what it looks like, the only publicly available pictures so far are from a press briefing that was done back in May-ish

Name:  0F89660C-74E6-4134-AACF-B0D3F377D247.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  14.0 KB

The QD system we bought is the Cry Havoc QRB system, which I don’t know anything about one way or the other. The pistol grip folds up to make it fit, and the rifle comes equipped with iron sights only, because a mounted optic wouldn’t fit in the ejection seat box.
    Since others will likely google this:

http://cryhavoctac.com/qrb-kit.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    1. The safety on the M17/M18, is it large enough to ride it with your thumb like a 1911?
    I would say its the best polymer pistol safety out there. Nothing beats the 1911 for position and feel of the thumb safety, but this is as close as anyone has come. Good position, and good positive detente clicks for on/off.

My only issue with it? It appears to be an all or nothing affair. With the M&P, I can buy a TS model, and take the safety out if I want, drop it back in later. With the 320, from what I could see internally, It appears to be a much more complicated affair. Not sure if it would be as friendly to swap in or out... But overall for feel and function, I think it is better than the M&P TS.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List