Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The USAF won’t be receiving the M17 pistol

Since this thread has gone HOPELESSLY off the tracks, I'll share a tidbit I learned from a buddy at DFAS recently. Currently, their workforce telecommutes approximately 2 days per week on average. By 2020, the director of DFAS wants 100% of his employees teleworking 4 days a week. His vision is a MUCH reduced permanent footprint (and office overhead) with "hot rack" desks where an employee will plug in his/her laptop once a week just to keep them updated with software. Otherwise, all work will be done from the comfort of the employee's couch, in their bunny slippers.

I'm SURE things will get better.

On a related note, while not handled by DFAS, Federal civilian retirement pay is currently running 60-90 days in arrears, meaning, for the first two to three months after an employee retires, the government pays them NOTHING. Again, what we need is clearly MOAR guv'ment...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    On a related note, while not handled by DFAS, Federal civilian retirement pay is currently running 60-90 days in arrears, meaning, for the first two to three months after an employee retires, the government pays them NOTHING.
    Strangely enough, I glanced in my email today to find a FLEOA advert for a retirement webinar on how to avoid this...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    A pencil pusher and a weekend gate guard having a slap down, amusing.
    Last edited by Shoresy; 06-19-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    A pencil pusher and a weekend gate guard having a slap down, amusing.
    No no, it’s a pencil pusher and a weekend firearms instructor, geez get it right old man.

How 'bout that new Air Force pistol...eh?

User Tag List