Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG BORE PX4 Match Review.

BIG BORE PX4 Match Review.

45 is big...right?

I really liked this ballistic tool and it likes 185 grain bullets...hates 230's!

Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    45 is big...right?

I really liked this ballistic tool and it likes 185 grain bullets...hates 230's!

Awesome, thank you for this.

Why do you say it hates 230s? I had to skim through the video.

"Eight six seven five three 0 nine." That made my day. Another great review. I enjoy how you present information while having fun.

Thanks for the review. I remember you dropping the mag a couple of times with the 9mm PX4, so it seemed to be a good idea that you swapped the mag release. Nice shooting and good review.

Good Review. I'd to hear your thoughts comparing the PX4 Storm to the Grand Power since you have shot both and made videos of both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Awesome, thank you for this.

Why do you say it hates 230s? I had to skim through the video.
    B/c w/185gr it shot tiny, centered groups, and w/230gr, it shot huge off-center groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    Good Review. I'd to hear your thoughts comparing the PX4 Storm to the Grand Power since you have shot both and made videos of both.
    I would have to shoot them side by side to offer a fair opinion, but the GP shot all bullets weights very well!

45 is big...right?

Great video! Great pistol! Excellent shooting, as always. Thanks for posting it.

It is a mystery why that pistol doesn’t stay in its lane with 230 grn slugs.

I have had 3 PX4 .45s (1 F, 2 Gs) and my shooting partner has a PX4 .45 SD G. We have used 230 grn FMJ and JHPs exclusively in all of them.
    Rounds fired in 230 grn, in sequence of firearms: 2,600, 2,086, 40,700 & 24,843 as of today.

Our experience with the 230 grn slug has been excellent. POI is exactly centered and the center of the POA lines up centered on the top edge of the front sights. Groups are very tight and consistent, averaging under 1.25”. So, it might be the specimen you acquired, don’t know.
    I doubt the rotating barrel is the culprit, since it does not rotate until the bullet is well down the road.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page4 post #37

Looking forward to your next video!

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Great video! Great pistol! Excellent shooting, as always. Thanks for posting it.

It is a mystery why that pistol doesn’t stay in its lane with 230 grn slugs.

I have had 3 PX4 .45s (1 F, 2 Gs) and my shooting partner has a PX4 .45 SD G. We have used 230 grn FMJ and JHPs exclusively in all of them.
    Rounds fired in 230 grn, in sequence of firearms: 2,600, 2,086, 40,700 & 24,843 as of today.

Our experience with the 230 grn slug has been excellent. POI is exactly centered and the center of the POA lines up centered on the top edge of the front sights. Groups are very tight and consistent, averaging under 1.25”. So, it might be the specimen you acquired, don’t know.
    I doubt the rotating barrel is the culprit, since it does not rotate until the bullet is well down the road.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-how/page4 post #37

Looking forward to your next video!
    I think I made mention of "the other Patrick" Patrick Sweeney's 2010 article having the same issue with the 230's.
    He postulated the rotating barrel theory. I wonder if barrel twist rate is to be suspect. I may pick up a SD recoil
    spring assembly to see if any change occurs.

I like this gun enough to shoot the bullets it likes, but I "gots to know" why my example shuns the heavies and loves the lights!

I think I made mention of "the other Patrick" Patrick Sweeney's 2010 article having the same issue with the 230's.
    He postulated the rotating barrel theory. I wonder if barrel twist rate is to be suspect. I may pick up a SD recoil
    spring assembly to see if any change occurs.

I like this gun enough to shoot the bullets it likes, but I "gots to know" why my example shuns the heavies and loves the lights!
    I will look for his article. I will also research this. I've got the "gots to know" bug now, too.

I don't see how a spiraling bullet would move left or right if a spiraling barrel were to move or not. That bullet is going nearly 600 miles per hour and the barrel... not so fast. Everything is still in straight alignment, spiral or not. It will be challenging to figure this mystery out!
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 06-16-2018 at 11:57 AM.

User Tag List