Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket holster goo

Site Supporter
    Update - I bought this: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/49...43-nylon-black

It fits into my cargo pocket and holds two G42 mags pretty well. Now, I haven't had it out in the inferno yet but my other DeSantis gun holsters never gave me a problem. It isn't too obnoxious to carry.

Of course, I KNOW - I should carry my G19 or 26 with two extra mag. But sometimes I don't. I usually do but ...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Update - I bought this: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/49...43-nylon-black

It fits into my cargo pocket and holds two G42 mags pretty well. Now, I haven't had it out in the inferno yet but my other DeSantis gun holsters never gave me a problem. It isn't too obnoxious to carry.

Of course, I KNOW - I should carry my G19 or 26 with two extra mag. But sometimes I don't. I usually do but ...
    You *should* carry.a functional gun. What you carry is much less a thing.

Site Supporter
    I know that. I was just in a quirky mode given a recent post describing the G19 extra mag folks as commando wannabee nutsos. I carry what works and what I practice with. No carry rotation BS - practicality of dress and convenience with guns I can shoot. As Tamara said in her recent Shooting Illustrated article, sometimes she carries a SW 432 and described training with Claude W for a snubby besides her G19. Me too - Glock 26 or 19 but the 42 or 432 sometimes goes out with Dad. Great minds think alike. I took Claude's course and shoot the J's in matches like he does.

Oops, being preachy! Sorry!

Now should I carry my NAA Mini in 22Short?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I know that. I was just in a quirky mode given a recent post describing the G19 extra mag folks as commando wannabee nutsos. I carry what works and what I practice with. No carry rotation BS - practicality of dress and convenience with guns I can shoot. As Tamara said in her recent Shooting Illustrated article, sometimes she carries a SW 432 and described training with Claude W for a snubby besides her G19. Me too - Glock 26 or 19 but the 42 or 432 sometimes goes out with Dad. Great minds think alike. I took Claude's course and shoot the J's in matches like he does.

Oops, being preachy! Sorry!

Now should I carry my NAA Mini in 22Short?
    Depends. Do ya gots lotsa mouse gangs where you are?

Site Supporter
    The reason I bought it was that it not that common and it is cute. In my profession as a psychologist, we studied the cuteness metric. That is the set of proportions that make baby animals look cute. Big head, eyes, paws, etc. Some product designers applied the metric to products. Cars that appeal to young women were designed to be cute by the Japanese for instance. The proportions of the 22S fit the metric. It wasn't expensive. You can't hit anything with at a distance. Years ago, for grins, I shot the old TX DPS CHL protocol on the blue bottle target with a NAA 22 LR with a 1 5/8 inch barrel and with the 22S. Max score is 250 which was easily obtained with my Glock 19 when I qualified.

With the 22 S, I scored about a 140 ish. It is a nose or mouse gun. With the 22 LR, I scored a 230. Missed three shots over the shoulder of the target and 7 outside the center region. They are what they are for BUGs.

Once in awhile, you just buy a gun because... At least, I'm not one of the folks who buy a Judge as the Hammer of Thor Ultimate Stopper!! If I ever do, send Grandpa to the home.

I haven't had a goo problem but really like the modified pocket holster for mag carry. Mine go in my LF pocket w/ the mag forward and the 'tail' of the holster keeping it vertical. I use a staple gun w/ 3/8 staples to fit the mag to the holster. Shoot the staples through, and bend over the ends w/ a pair of needle nose pliers. Works very well.
    20180622_084434 by craig stuard, on Flickr

First post here, but I've been lurking for a while. Great place with a ton of great information.

I haven't used it much, but for extra mag pocket carry I find the neo mag very handy. I've only used it with metal single stacks, but it holds them well and appears to be a knife clipped in a pocket. They say it will work with glock mags although I haven't tried it.

User Tag List