Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrests don't get any easier than this

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This was after a woman who called the police, was arrested. She was complaining that her husband came home drunk for the 50th time in a row (or whatever) and she punched him in the face. She injured her hand and wanted to file a police report. The arresting officer had a great deal more decorum than I would have had, he very calmly said, "Ma'am, you're telling me you punched your husband in the face when he was drunk and injured your hand?"

"Yes! And I want to file charges, he hurt me!"

"You're under arrest ma'am."
    My Mother knew a couple of women who got tired of husbands coming in drunk. Neither hurt her hand because one used a skillet and the other a stick of firewood. There was no police action. "The past is a different place, they do things differently there." Cooper.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    We train in secluded, dark commercial business districts oftentimes. We’ll have 6-8 Tahoe’s parked on a dark street. While we’re waiting to run our dog on the training search we stand in the dark. It’s amazing how often BoB (Burglar on Bike) shows up riding dark without a light. You can actually see when he notices all the cop cars because the pace slows and the bike weaves back and forth while he’s deciding what to do. Most of them try to brazen it past us whistling by the graveyard but they always get told to stop. It’s amazing how many warrants you can clear sometimes.
    I remember one time in Brooklyn we were out on a surveillance in a rougher section in the "surveillance van" which was set up to look like one of the vans used by the various "Baby Bells".

It was hotter than hell outside and it was like being in "Das Boot" as I kept the eye via the built-in periscope. I was down to wearing a wife beater and shorts and my partner was similarly attired by this point.

At some point I see a couple of the neighborhood mopes thinking it might be fun to rip off the phone truck. I tell my partner to get ready for some fun.

A minute or two later the back door of the van opens up and these two fledgling hoods' eyes take a moment to adjust from the bright daylight to the cavernous dark inside the van when they realize there are two dudes in various states of undress pointing guns at them.

We told them we didn't have anything for them today.

They didn't know whether to shit or go blind. We didn't have time to screw with them so after a bit of fun we sent them on their way with a stern warning.
    Last edited by blues; 06-21-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    My Mother knew a couple of women who got tired of husbands coming in drunk. Neither hurt her hand because one used a skillet and the other a stick of firewood. There was no police action. "The past is a different place, they do things differently there." Cooper.
    You're misquoting Cooper, who accurately quoted LP Hartley -- "The past is another country. They do things differently there." And domestic abuse isn't any less awful when a woman does it, or did it.

Site Supporter
    To Blues - Being in your shorts and not arrested.

My father was a basketball referee. College and NBA. He was refereeing a game in Syracuse and when the game was over, the snow was really starting to come down. So, they usually showered up before taking the train back to NYC. However, they were told by the local law that the train station was going to shut down because of the snow so they should hurry. The officers drove them to the station without showering. When they get there, it turns out that the train is coming but delayed. My dad and his partner ref decided they had time to go into the men's room and take a sink 'bath' and change their clothes. While doing that, a dude comes in to the bathroom and runs out. He tells the law that two naked men are doing ill in the men's room. The law charges in. They see the refs they just brought to the station and laugh. They inform the worried dude that nothing is amiss. Be calm, citizen. My dad and his partner get dressed, take the train home.

So no arrest.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    When I was in high school, we had a student call in a bomb threat from the payphone across from the front office. They caught him before he got off the phone.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    You're misquoting Cooper, who accurately quoted LP Hartley -- "The past is another country. They do things differently there." And domestic abuse isn't any less awful when a woman does it, or did it.
    Thanks for the correction on the quote, I no longer have the books to look such stuff up.

I did not go into a lot of detail on the stories, but we had no doubt as to which direction the domestic abuse was coming from and it was not from the women.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

We got this naked woman in the street call one night. It's a full moon, she's naked, on her period, and there's blood and shit everywhere. #FML

The heavens parted and the good lord spoketh upon thy radio, "We'll take that call for training purposes". Whether it was divine intervention or an FTO on a divine mission to force his rookie to quit, I do not know. Arrest do not get any easier than that.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    "We'll take that call for training purposes".
    Nothing in this world is better than hearing that sentence over the radio. It starts as a groan when you key up for the call, then euphoria when the rookie takes it. Doesn't happen very often where I work, mainly because the majority of fto's are lazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    We got this naked woman in the street call one night. It's a full moon, she's naked, on her period, and there's blood and shit everywhere. #FML

The heavens parted and the good lord spoketh upon thy radio, "We'll take that call for training purposes". Whether it was divine intervention or an FTO on a divine mission to force his rookie to quit, I do not know. Arrest do not get any easier than that.
    Thank you Baby Jesus!

I’ve been the guy saying that on the radio and the look on the boot’s face is priceless.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Thank you Baby Jesus!

I’ve been the guy saying that on the radio and the look on the boot’s face is priceless.
    "Tighten your boot laces, boy, you're about to do some man shit." -- My FTO

User Tag List