Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Criminals Carry?

Under the battery? What’s that, cold storage for planned utilization? Can’t be too useful for unplanned events.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Under the battery? What’s that, cold storage for planned utilization? Can’t be too useful for unplanned events.
    I’ve found a gun in the engine compartment, more often dope though.

You are thinking like a “good guy.”

Bad guys often have guns to do things to others - they are on the initiating side of Craig Douglas’ “unequal initiative” encounters.

Last guy who shot at us had an LCP in his pocket.

Had a guy years back try and pull a Colt Trooper MK III on us from a duffel bag on the seat of his truck. He thought better of it just in time but he had an uncle mikes shoulder holster in the bag along with a box of WWB / USA .357 Ammo.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.

I’m not a LEO. No real experience being a bad guy either but fascinated by all the stories and info.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Shame.

There's a member on here who has been in the armored transport business for his whole life, and is the director of training at his current job. His qual/training regimen is much higher than most police departments, including my own agency's contract guards. When IALEFI audited his course of fire, they actually suggested it was too hard.

I hate the fact that he and his business are lumped into the same category as Brinks, Garda, etc.

I'm not sure what to tell you, I said your average company. I never intended to work in the security industry but sometimes life happens.

I'm a 15 dollar an hour rent-a-cop security guard. Luckily I work nights and 35 hours out of 40 a week I don't have to deal with the general public perception that being a guard automatically equals "Loser who flunked out of (or never made it to) the police academy."

Even though it's a loser job I show up on time every day and I do the job I'm supposed to do. I make sure I present a neat and professional appearance and I do my job to the best of my ability. I'm not really happy being lumped in with a lot of the stereotypes that make up this industry either but it is what it is

Under the battery is a common one here as well.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Can only comment that I've seen >1 mexican carry casualty (accidental self inflicted GSW) very quickly get rolled up by PD after trauma assessment for felon in possession of a firearm/associated charges
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-13-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm not sure what to tell you, I said your average company. I never intended to work in the security industry but sometimes life happens.

I'm a 15 dollar an hour rent-a-cop security guard. Luckily I work nights and 35 hours out of 40 a week I don't have to deal with the general public perception that being a guard automatically equals "Loser who flunked out of (or never made it to) the police academy."

Even though it's a loser job I show up on time every day and I do the job I'm supposed to do. I make sure I present a neat and professional appearance and I do my job to the best of my ability. I'm not really happy being lumped in with a lot of the stereotypes that make up this industry either but it is what it is
    The job you do does not make you a winner or a loser. You carry whichever of those you are to work with you, and show it in how you do your job.

You make more than a first year school teacher with a BA in Arizona, BTW.
    Last edited by Duelist; 06-14-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Can only comment that I've seen >1 mexican carry casualty (accidental self inflicted GSW) very quickly get rolled up by PD after trauma assessment for felon in possession of a firearm/associated charges
    How much do you want to bet that they dropped the felon in possession charge

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The job you do does not make you a winner or a loser. You carry whichever of those you are to work with you, and show it in how you do your job.

You make more than a first year school teacher with a BA in Arizona, BTW.

There is a public perception that security guards are losers. I have to deal with it almost every time I have to deal with the public. So it is there. Believe me the 50th time or the hundredth time did you walk up to somebody and the very first words out of their mouth are "Oh shit another goddamned rentacop" you get it. That's one of the reasons I like the fact that my current assignment is graveyards in a FedEx shipping yard. There's literally nobody here but me and the guy that comes into fuel to vehicles.

Having said that, I do my job well without being overzealous about it. I do the rounds I'm supposed to do as many times a night as I'm supposed to do them and I actually pay attention while I'm doing it. The other night at work I went off shift for my weekend and when I came back on Monday somebody had come up to the fence and hung two signs on it. Somebody was right outside our fence long enough to hang those signs and none of the weekend guys even noticed they were there. I caught them my very first time around the fence and I went ballistic on the weekend guys. My point is what there is of the job to do I do the best I can. And I never said that I was a loser I said that was the general public perception and it is and I'm not going to change that and I'm not going to beat my head against the wall trying.

Banned
    A big part of the reason that I started this thread was because you can go on any internet gun for him and there's literally hundreds of threads how do I carry this gun how do I carry that gun? Will this holster work? Will that holster work? But I don't think I've ever seen anybody discuss how criminals carry.

User Tag List