Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Criminals Carry?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m puzzled by this, as the magazine capacity imposed several years ago was 15, not 10...
    We were puzzled by it too. Several people asked. People even pointed out the 15 round limit. The response was if you load 10 we know you're legal.Remember this is a company that didn't expect you to ever fire so much as one. So 10 versus 15 was irrelevant to them.
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-13-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Off the top of my head

I've taken reports on 9-10 self inflicted upper thigh and penis shootings from "Mexican" carry. A butt cheek and calf shooting from SOB carry with no holster.

I've always worked out of a car, so a lot of running and guns recovered. One guy had a Bersa in one cargo pocket, a hi point in the other cargo pocket, and a rohm 22 in his sock. Another had a Glock 26 shoved down the front of his underwear.

I'm not sure is it's mostly Mexican carry without a holster, or other methods just don't result in the injuries from an ND.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This is almost it's own topic. I have worked for the three largest security companies in America(HSS, G4S, AUS) and the training they give their armed guards isn't much more than what's required for a CHP. In fact, for all three it's EXACTLY the CHP requirement The NRA Basic Hand Gun Saftey Course. Several of these companies pay shit then expect the guard to buy his own equipment. Hence the Uncle Mike's holster.

Your average 15 dollar an hour rent-a-cop security company views your gun as more of a prop or a "Visible Deterrent" than an actual self defense tool. The stories you hear about a guard stopping a robbery and then being fired are pretty much true. The general policy was/is "The money is insured. Let it go."

Of the three companies only HSS allowed their employees to carry with a round in the chamber G4S and AUS specifically forbade it. G4S had a written policy that their gun was to be locked in a case going to and from work and locked up at home.
    G4S Employees were specifically forbidden from using the gun for self defense in their homes. In Colorado when the magazine limits went into effect all HSS guards were instructed to load no more than 10 rounds in their magazine regardless of magazine capacity or grandfathered status.

Bottom line if they don't expect you to actually fight with their weapon why bother training you with it?
    Shame.

There's a member on here who has been in the armored transport business for his whole life, and is the director of training at his current job. His qual/training regimen is much higher than most police departments, including my own agency's contract guards. When IALEFI audited his course of fire, they actually suggested it was too hard.

I hate the fact that he and his business are lumped into the same category as Brinks, Garda, etc.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel." - Townes Van Zandt, "Pancho and Lefty"
    Probably why "he met his match down in Mexico." Open carry no es bueno.
    Last edited by Hambo; 06-13-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Shame.

There's a member on here who has been in the armored transport business for his whole life, and is the director of training at his current job. His qual/training regimen is much higher than most police departments, including my own agency's contract guards. When IALEFI audited his course of fire, they actually suggested it was too hard.

I hate the fact that he and his business are lumped into the same category as Brinks, Garda, etc.
    Hey I worked for a smaller company that became GARDA! Our training was shit, but they offered extra training and free ammo, all you had to do was ask.

Sorry...thread drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I was assisting detective on a police action shooting several years back where the bad guy had a OWB kydex holster and dual mag carrier. He fled from a traffic stop, likely due to being a felon, and was shot by "Officer 2" while fighting for possession of a handgun with "Officer 1" during a ground fight.

Most criminals do not use a holster, probably a combination of factors such as it's harder to ditch if you're a felon/unlicensed, generally cheap, and that's what their peers are also doing. I have ran into exceptions, though, such as the one above. Normally it's an Uncle Mike's or some such universal sausage sack, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Most criminals do not use a holster, probably a combination of factors such as it's harder to ditch if you're a felon/unlicensed,
    Or stash the pistol when they get pulled over.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Never arrested one wearing a holster. IWB mexican or pocket carry. Can’t recall one with a spare magazine either. Very common to find the gun loaded with multiple brands/types of ammo as well.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

In my experience, vehicle center consoles, floor mats and visors. And the aforementioned Mexican carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On them? Waistband, pockets far more often than not. The few that were using holsters generally were more experienced street / prison gangsters.

In vehicles? Under any seat, center console, glove box, voids in doors & dash. Best spot & found more than a few there ... in the engine compartment under or behind the battery.

User Tag List