Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Criminals Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm not sure how you would find out but did these guys have training?
    Most are just joe shitbag w/ no training. Occasionally we get an ex -.mil but even those are rare. The last guy I took a gun off of had a Sig brand holster for a 238 with some POS jammed inside. A Jimenez Arms I think.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

"He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel." - Townes Van Zandt, "Pancho and Lefty"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Cypher:

Who or what is a "little Dindu?"
    I assume he meant something along the lines of "didn't do nothing"

I dindu it !

Site Supporter
    Like to hear from Cypher please. Thx.

I'm not sure how you would find out but did these guys have training?
    Google works for everyone. I expect that people dedicated to the use of the pistol, whether for good or ill, access the "World Wide Internets". There is a lot of training information out there, including on this forum. I think the percentage who take shooting seriously is roughly the same for "good guys" and "bad guys".

Just yesterday a Brinks employee carrying a large sack in his right hand walked towards me with a Glock in a soft holster with no retention. The area was an open-air mall, and it was busy with the lunchtime crowd. If he would have tripped or someone tried to grab the pistol, there most likely would be a pistol on the ground or in possession of someone not its owner.

On the flip side, there are guys who might target that Brinks employee who regularly practice shooting as part of their chosen profession.

They carry just like everyone else, just not in a holster. Because of working crime suppression bicycle stuff in craphole areas, I have caught a ton more crooks actually holding a gun than most LEO’s will normally get. In two decades I never got a criminal with a holster with the exception of a bail agent I had helped arresting a fugitive who had a warrant for his arrest as well. He had a holster....but was also wearing women’s underwear as well so he had a bunch of issues.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Cypher:

Who or what is a "little Dindu?"

I thought I saw it here. It's a joke. It's a play on words from "my baby Dindu Nuffin."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Just yesterday a Brinks employee carrying a large sack in his right hand walked towards me with a Glock in a soft holster with no retention. The area was an open-air mall, and it was busy with the lunchtime crowd. If he would have tripped or someone tried to grab the pistol, there most likely would be a pistol on the ground or in possession of someone not its owner.

This is almost it's own topic. I have worked for the three largest security companies in America(HSS, G4S, AUS) and the training they give their armed guards isn't much more than what's required for a CHP. In fact, for all three it's EXACTLY the CHP requirement The NRA Basic Hand Gun Saftey Course. Several of these companies pay shit then expect the guard to buy his own equipment. Hence the Uncle Mike's holster.

Your average 15 dollar an hour rent-a-cop security company views your gun as more of a prop or a "Visible Deterrent" than an actual self defense tool. The stories you hear about a guard stopping a robbery and then being fired are pretty much true. The general policy was/is "The money is insured. Let it go."

Of the three companies only HSS allowed their employees to carry with a round in the chamber G4S and AUS specifically forbade it. G4S had a written policy that their gun was to be locked in a case going to and from work and locked up at home.
    G4S Employees were specifically forbidden from using the gun for self defense in their homes. In Colorado when the magazine limits went into effect all HSS guards were instructed to load no more than 10 rounds in their magazine regardless of magazine capacity or grandfathered status.

Bottom line if they don't expect you to actually fight with their weapon why bother training you with it?
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-13-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    In Colorado when the magazine limits went into effect all guards were instructed to load no more than 10 rounds in their magazine regardless of magazine capacity or grandfathered status.
    I’m puzzled by this, as the magazine capacity imposed several years ago was 15, not 10...

User Tag List