Thread: RFI- Armorer Tool Kit

RFI- Armorer Tool Kit

Looking to convert a PX4 into a more Langdonized model. Was hoping to get input on a tool kit that I could purchase for a decent price. Any help with a kit to change sights would be appreciated.
    My armorer skills are about at my car mechanic skills- I can drive a car, put gas in a gar, and change the oil.
    Guess its time to do some learning...
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I know doodly-squat about the PX4, but everyone needs a basic kit for working on any firearm. First off, get yourself a good set of punches (roll-pin, punch & solid) an 8 oz ballpeen hammer, a non-marring hammer of some type, and a pair of long nose pliers. An assortment of dental-type picks are also very useful for dealing with small parts and springs.

Certain guns will require specialty tools which you can purchase as needed but all armory work will require the baseline tools mentioned. Midway and Brownells is a good place to start looking.

ETA: Stones and files come next, but only if you have the skill and knowledge to use them properly. You can screw something up pretty quick with a file - less so with a stone.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 06-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Site Supporter
    Holmes, good luck on working with the Px4's many small springs and parts that will fly as soon as pins are removed. There's a photo of these in one pile on one of the Px4 threads. If you decide to proceed, I suggest that you sit in your bath tub and draw closed the shower curtain and work there. No joke.

Check out Ernest Langdon’s/Langdon Tactical’s YouTube video where he installs the sources hammer. You’ll see all the tools he uses.

Hammer, punch set (regular, roll pin, and non-marring), smallish screwdrivers, Allen keys, some dental picks. Needle nose pliers.
    Some dial calipers are helpful for measuring and aligning things.
    One of the handiest things is a roll of duct tape that will make a great action block.

You’ll need either a sight pusher or a vise to move sights around. With a vise you’ll need a way to prevent marring - thick leather pieces are common. The rubber grippers are often too squishy and soak up the impact.

Don’t be afraid to grab one of the gunsmithing tool kits from brownells. They may not be perfect but can be a good way to figure out what you need/like.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List