Thread: Anti-CCW Article in Chicago Tribune Suggests CCW Shootings are Bogus

Anti-CCW Article in Chicago Tribune Suggests CCW Shootings are Bogus

The article paints CCW carriers as irresponsible and reckless. A rehash of the old' "there'll be rivers of blood in the streets!" argument against lawful carry.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...523-story.html

Isn't there a fairly high rate of violent crime in Chicago? Perhaps the Tribune got tired of writing about that issue, and decided it was more important to stoke concerns about legal CCW in Illinois.

It must be those properly licensed individuals who are responsible for all the bodies piling up in Chicago. Go figure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

FORTY SHOOTINGS IN FOUR YEARS! GASP that's 10 a year across the ENTIRE STATE OF ILLINOIS (which extends past Chicago, though I doubt the Chicago Tribune knows that).

THIS WEEK there have already been 51 people shot in Chicago. And 1191 people shot this year, with a total of 231 homicides (https://heyjackass.com/). Of those 231 homicides a whopping 14% have been cleared (2 self-defense shootings) - while 191 have no suspect charged.

Maybe - maybe the Chicago Tribune could report on the abysmal closure rate of actual fucking murders by the Chicago PD and Cook County DA's office, rather than worrying about a legally armed man center-punching a masked 16-year old "boy" (nice play, Tribune) who was pointing a (turns out fake gun) at him and attempting to rob him? Play fucking stupid games, get fucking stupid prizes. If someone had smacked that kid in the back of the head when he was an actual damn boy - maybe he wouldn't be dead? Oh no they tell us, "Just give up your stuff, nothing is worth dying over." - Which means the criminals have all the leverage and we don't.

191 unsolved homicides and CSU is out there figuring out where bullets from a concealed carrier's gun went in a legally justified shooting?

This place is SO FUCKED.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 06-15-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    FORTY SHOOTINGS IN FOUR YEARS! GASP that's 10 a year across the ENTIRE STATE OF ILLINOIS (which extends past Chicago, though I doubt the Chicago Tribune knows that).

THIS WEEK there have already been 51 people shot in Chicago. And 1191 people shot this year, with a total of 231 homicides (https://heyjackass.com/). Of those 231 homicides a whopping 14% have been cleared (2 self-defense shootings) - while 191 have no suspect charged.

Maybe - maybe the Chicago Tribune could report on the abysmal closure rate of actual fucking murders by the Chicago PD and Cook County DA's office, rather than worrying about a legally armed man center-punching a masked 16-year old "boy" (nice play, Tribune) who was pointing a (turns out fake gun) at him and attempting to rob him? Play fucking stupid games, get fucking stupid prizes. If someone had smacked that kid in the back of the head when he was an actual damn boy - maybe he wouldn't be dead? Oh no they tell us, "Just give up your stuff, nothing is worth dying over." - Which means the criminals have all the leverage and we don't.

191 unsolved homicides and CSU is out there figuring out where bullets from a concealed carrier's gun went in a legally justified shooting?

This place is SO FUCKED.
    I don't like that problem - but I like the succinct, colorful veracity in the way you explain it.

I like how the Chicago PD determined the stray bullet was from a justified shooting by a CCW without recovering the bullet. Top. Men.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Nothing written by The Chicago Tribune regarding guns warrants any consideration. I still remember this gem they published last year. Utter nonsense.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

This place is SO FUCKED.
    Thanks. I had the general impression there were more important issues for the Tribune to cover, and you confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    I like how the Chicago PD determined the stray bullet was from a justified shooting by a CCW without recovering the bullet. Top. Men.
    Oh come on man...There were probably only 10 shootings within a 5-block radius that week...(I will note that Oak Park borders the neighborhood of Austin which is one of the top-3 most dangerous neighborhoods in the city).

The Chicago Tribune may as well rename themselves “Chicago Machine State Media”.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List